Memoirs of the Spirit Pt.3

It was indeed a fateful day in the mountains and encounter like no other would change the lives and destinies of both Hye and Wan. As in the very mountains were two spirits. A spirit of pure light, with white appendages lashed out at it's enemy. The spirit the hue of the darkest night, while it's laugh echoed throughout the mountainside. The two spirits crashed against the landscape, tossing and turning until finally the Dark spirit was bound to the ground by the Light Spirit. "You've lost here Vaatu." The Light Spirit declared triumphantly, as the Dark Spirit turned it's attention to both Wan and Hye. "Please help me!" The Spirit referred to as Vaatu pleaded, as on instinct Wan charged towards the two spirits. But Hye stood in place, her eyes upon the Light Spirit who seemed drawn to her. Overally enthralled by Hye whom was "touched by spirits".

And something within Hye told her to move. To reach out and stop Wan from doing something he would regret. And at this moment, Hye believed freeing the dark spirit was a bad decision. "Wan, don't!" Hye called out to the young man who changed forward. Flames forming before him as they launched towards the Light Spirit. Burning the billowing spirit, burning her. Causing her to release Vaatu who floated before the four. Cackling loudly. "Foolish human!"With thunderous roars Vaatu  flew through the sky out of sight. Leaving the mammed Light Spirit,who slumped to the ground licking her wounds. It was then that the spirit informed Hye and Wan that was called Raava. The light Spirit and had been at war with the darkness Vaatu for centuries. And ultimately thanks to Wan, Vaatu had escaped. Leaving Raava having to track down the spirit in a weakened state.

Rubbing the back of his head Wan deeply apologized, and it was with the suggestion of Hye that the two aid Raava in her quest. After all it was Wan's fault after all. Feeling obligated the three traveled across the Spirit Wilds. Wan and Raava becoming atune to one another. Spreading peace and prosperity across the land where Vaatu only sewed the seeds of deceit. And along that journey which spread throughout the years; the feelings had grown between both Wan and Hye. As the two went from sneaking glances of one another. To Wan one day taking the sweet Hye into his arms. Swearing that once he had completed his quest for Raava he would return to her. And then they would spend the remainder of their lives together. But his words were bittersweet,as Hye knew that this mission could take decades even. Yet she held hope. Stating she would make a home for them until his return. And that Hye would always be waiting there for him. Always.

It was with that promise that Wan took his leave with Raava. As Raava herself silently admired the affection between Hye and Wan. And admired the strength and spirituality the young woman held. With a heavy heart Hye watched her heart dissapear into the distance. Unsure of his return. But she was sure of one thing. Her love for Wan. And the promise she swore to keep no matter how much time passed by.

And time did indeed tick by. 80 years of war and Wan found himself on the brink of death on a battlefield. His body worn of old age, but still Raava was at his side. Able to sense his impending demise. With his gaze upturned to the sky Wan silently weeped. Apologizing to Raava for failing to keep his promise. To bring balance to the world. But he also sobbed for his love. Hye. He had sworn he would return to her. That they would live out their lives together. And yet here he was. Dying without his sweet Hye by his side. Hot tears slithered down his cheek as Raava embraced Wan whispering how proud she was. "I admire your courage in this fight. And your dedication to returning to Hye. With that I swear to you we will be together for all time. And one day, you and Hye will be reunited. I swear this to you Wan." With those words Wan released a brief sigh of relief. Smiling weakly towards Raava in thanks. His spirits raised at the hopes of one day laying eyes on his beloved Hye once more.

It was with his final breath that Wan whispered Hye's name into the air. Before his very spirit was surrendered to that of the Spirit Wilds. Where one day he had hoped to be in the presence of Hye. Whom at the precise moment of Wan's death; Hye was overcome with grave sickness. Heartache many believed took her as the aged Hye passed onto the next world a mere hour after Wan. Many believing that the spiritual Hye had been called home by the Spirits at last. Because of this a statue of wood was carved in what would later be known as the "Northern Water Tribe." It was there that the statue depicts of young Hye. Bowing before the moon itself in prayer. While the image of Wan with his hand upon her shoulder could be seen. A homage to the two lovers whom protected the world.

With this Wan turned his attention back to Aisuya whom was moved to tears by the tale. Feeling a magnetic pull towards Wan. An emotion stirring within her. Familiarity. That was it. Slowly Aisuya stepped forward, her hands extending for Wan's transparent form. Tears slithering down her cheeks as a sense of longing filled her. Her voice caught in her throat. Body wracked with grief and relief all at once. But Aisuya knew it was right. With her hands outstretched the silhouette of a woman took shape before she and Wan. The Avatar himself visibly stunned as Hye now stood before him. Arms outstretched for him once more. Just as she always did. "Wan." She breathed.

His name, like honey flowing from her lips. Wan brought Hye to him, clutching her to his chest as the two sobbed. Tears of joy sweeping over them while exhausted Aisuya tumbled backwards into the arms of Korra. Who peered down towards the weakened Aisuya in concern. But Aisuya shoved the gorgeous woman away from her. Still unsure of her feelings, she shakily stood. Watching Wan envelope Hye in a warm embrace all the while thanking Aisuya and Korra. For the chance of being with his beloved once more. It was then that Raava informed Aisuya and Korra that this alone was not the source of their bond. That whatever feelings at the surface were there's and there's alone. With that Raava left the scene residing once more in Korra. Who's eyes took their glowing blaze once more. Though beside her, Aisuya too was overcome by the strong glow. The two women indeed still sharing more than a spiritual bond. There was more. No matter how much Aisuya tried to deny it. It was there. And she knew it.