Sliver of Power

A massive feline dashed through the Earth Kingdom, its legs moving so fast infact the animal appeared to be nothing but a blur. An illusion, with the intent on running. Running as fast and as far as its body allowed it. Seeming to pick up speed, releasing a pent of roar. Noticing her companion's sudden roar, Aisuya gently tugged on the reins. Bidding Sesi to stop, which he did grudgingly. His body aching to continue his sprint. But something felt off to Aisuya, quietly she peered around them. Surveying the area, her ocean blue orbs darting back and fourth vigorously. Korra not one to sit around and do nothing jumped from the saddle. Landing on the ground with enough impact to scar the earth itself. "Were not alone." Aisuya whispered before a large boulder whizzed towards Aisuya's head. She gasped before narrowly dodging the stone. Watching as the massive rock crumbled once hit by Korra's fist. Her cyan orbs raging at the very thought of the object harming Aisuya. And that....that just made Korra's blood boil.

Gritting her teeth and once again allowing her anger to cloud her judgement. Korra called out to the perpetrators, calling them out their names. Hoping to get under their skin and cause a stir. "Come out here you cowards!" Korra screamed as she too scanned the area, her stance steady and fully prepared to parry any attack ahe may ensue. "Your just gonna attack a girl and hide?!" Korra screamed once more, her voice striking a cord in the enemy. As what appeared to be a gang of Earth Nation thugs. Perhaps thieves in fact, but they had chosen the wrong target. The Avatar.

Aisuya carefully slid off the side of Sesi, already she could hear the deep inner growl radiating from Sesi. His anger perhaps matching Korra herself as thw large feline hissed at the enemy. Aisuya stood by her furry companion's side, the enemy beginning to circle the three. Ordering them to leave their belongings or pay. An evident smirk appeared on Korra's lips as she cracked her knuckles in anticipation. "Who wants it first?" She mocked, causing one of the bandits to strike. The man running full speed towards Korra before stomping hard on the ground. Creating a vast crater at his feet which spread out to Korra and even Aisuya's area. The two women stumbling abit before 2 other Earth nation bandits began to manipulate the very raptured ground.

Causing the very ground to stir with new life. Crimson. Something that alarmed Aisuya as she called out to Korra beckoning her to her side. Insisting it was not safe there, not even for the Avatar. But it was too late, before Aisuya could stretch her hand out for Korra. Her fingers suddenly becoming singed due to the sudden flood of heat which stirred the earth. Korra gasped at the sudden heat,the firey liquid oozing from the ground.

Bubbling, boiling. Threatening to devour Korra fully. Wishing to eat away at her very bones if she allowed it. But only if she allowed it. Gritting her teeth Korra extended her hands outward towards the lava, the heat intensifying so much infact Korra began to feel as if she were melting. Droplets of sweat forming on her brow, as the young Avatar struggling to manipulate the lava. Trying her best to use the gestures taught to her by Katara herself. But it seemed to be fruitless, the lava continued to circle her, while the benders whom had full control of the lava forced it upward. Creating a wall of firey earth which forced Korra to her knees.

Coughing violently as the bandits cackled as their leader sent two more of his lackeys towards Aisuya. The young waterbending master gritting her teeth as she pressed her fingertips to the ground. Now realizing their was not water source close to Aisuya that she could use at the moment. So she decided she would borrow the water under her feet. From the earth itself. Taking a deep breathe Aisuya slowly drew the water from the plants, watching as the greenery withered away on sight. Alarming the enemy benders whom were given the order to attack Aisuya.

All the while even in her firey confinement Korra was desperate to get to Aisuya. To protect her with all her strength. Through ragged breaths Korra called out for Aisuya before a sudden rush of water washed over the lava which threatened to consume Korra. Hardening, becoming molten rock, continuing to seep its searing hot substance. Korra gasped at the sudden wave of coolness, all the while Korra herself gripped onto the warm surface. Propelling herself up high into the air,her fist clenched tightly as Korra sent flames raining down upon their attackers.

Two clever ones using the earth before them to mold a shield. One that was indeed able to withstand quite a beating. With The Avatar now spewing flames from her very lungs. Concentrating on breaking their makeshift barrier. Korra was unaware. Unaware of Aisuya whom now wielded a fairly large amount of water at her disposal. The liquid twisting and turning, bending to her very will as Aisuya willed the water to do what she wished. The waves lashing towards the group of benders before her, creating a large of wave. Drenching the enemy before Aisuya waved her hand slightly watching as the water began to solidify. Encasing the thugs before Aisuya in solid ice, many of them wincing in pain. Giving into their defeat.

Yet while Aisuya's back was turned a daring Earth Bender had decided to attack Sesi. Using the earth at the feline's feet to give beneath him,encasing Sesi in an uncomfortable binding. Causing the animal to hiss angrily at the bender. Trying his best to claw his way out of the binding earth. Roaring loudly for assistance, to which Aisuya rushed to. Aisuya then collected the water at her fingertips, bidding the liquid to turn solid once more. As Aisuya now launched ice shards towards the enemy who dared attack her Sesi.

The bender smirked towards Aisuya before he whistled, signalling a few strangler benders to do as he commanded. The benders then launched large boulders towards Aisuya's back,hitting her with such force it caused the woman to fall face forward into the ground. Grunting slightly Aisuya rose to her feet only to have a large rock slam her hard in the face. Blood spilling from Aisuya's mouth as she fell face first into the ground. Her body slumped into the dirt, her raven locks scattered everywhere. Blocking her face from view.

Seeing this, Sesi roared even louder. The animal thrashing angrily back and fourth beginning to cause the earth which bound him to give way. All the while now finishing up with the remaining enemy benders, Korra noticed the sudden angry roar erupt from Sesi. A sound riddled with utter rage, and pain. Korra turned towards the feline for the source of his pain. And she saw it. Laying unconscious on the ground, badly battered was Aisuya. The very sight stirred something inside Korra. Anger. Once again she felt her blood begin to boil, her breathing becoming heavily labored as Korra found herself running.

Running as fast as she could. Her cyan orbs becoming overtaken by the illuminating glow of the Light Spirit Raava. Whom still resided within Korra, even if she truly did not believe. It was then that Korra felt the familiar wave of power radiate from within her. Her past Avatars once again giving her that sense of home she hadn't felt in awhile. Their wisdom and power seeping into Korra's very bones. Endowing Korra with not only the power but the courage to do what needed to be done.

Korra then extended her hands forward creating of wall of flames, seperating Aisuya and Sesi from the enemy. The lead bender stared towards Korra in fear. Now realizing that these simply were not some women they could steal from. They had accidentally picked a deadly fight with the Avatar. The man screamed begging for his life to be spared as Korra used the earth at her disposal as well. Allowing the gravel to wrap around the man squeezing him tightly as flames slowly began to creep towards him. "Who are you?" Korra demanded, her voice deep vibrating with power bestowed to her by the past Avatars.

The man trembled under her voice stating that he and his people were bandits. Only looking for a quick buck before returning home. Glaring towards the man through her illuminating gaze Korra released the man along with his lackeys. Telling them to leave immediately or they would regret it. It didn't take much convincing as the gang ran as soon as they got the chance. Leaving Korra to deal with the aftermath. She then quietly peered towards Aisuya whom slowly began to awaken. Rushing to her side Korra pulled to groggy Aisuya into her arms.

Korra's glowing gaze slowly beginning to fade away, in fear that her powered state would scare Aisuya. Yet even as she sat there holding the barely conscious woman in her arms, Korra couldn't help but to feel a sudden pull towards Aisuya. An almost magnetic force that propelled her to be with her. To stand by her side no matter the cost. And she just couldn't understand why, why she felt this way for her. Gripping onto the woman tightly,Korra peered down towards the slightly slumbering woman. Wishing to understand her feelings towards her and overall Korra herself.