Memoirs of the Spirit Pt. 1

The two met on a rather gloomy time in Wan's life. As he had recently been  exiled from his home upon the back of a Lion Turtle. Young Wan was forced into the Spirit Wilds, though he was allowed to keep his fire bending it was of little consultation. For the spirits and creatures of the Spirit Wilds proved ferocious, the sheer power of Wan's fire unable to keep the creatures at bay forever. And while wandering through the Spirit Wilds Wan stumbled upon the vision of a beautiful woman. The woman knelt before a spring, her hands clasped together. All the while the woman's head was lowered to the ground as she seemed to be praying. Or maybe meditating. The woman seemed to be unaware of Wan's presence. Who began to make his way towards the woman. For he had never seen anyone like her in all his days upon the "Fire Lion Turtle".

As the woman's skin was a lovely hue of caramel, flawless and fairly defined. For the woman was indeed a very curvaceous, along with a face with what seemed to be white paint. Which etched across the woman's cheeks up to her forhead. Taking the spiraling shape of a crown upon the woman's head. Though this crown was obstructed by the long flowing raven locks which draped pass the lower back. She was indeed dazzling, and Wan could not take his eyes off of her. As Wan drew near the woman's eyelids fluttered open to reveal a pair of stunning ocean blue orbs that made Wan's heart skip a beat. Her gaze held no animosity only curiosity and above all peace. As the woman stepped from the stream, her orange and yellow robes soaked to the bone. And yet the woman didn't even shudder. As if she could not feel the chill of the water at all.

Swallowing a lump in his throat Wan stood now in place, observing the breathtaking woman draw near. A sweet smile upon her lips as she bowed deeply before Wan out of respect of coming across another traveler. As only either the bravest or the foolish would venture far off into the Spirit Wilds. Which one of those this woman was Wan did not know,but what he did know was that something about her just drew him in. As being in her mere presence was enough to ease any doubts that once plagued Wan. He forgot his banishment from his home. He forgot about the dangers of his new home in the wilds. He forgot it all. Now fully emersed in the warm and gentle aura the woman gave off. Giving Wan a sense of inner peace he had never felt before. Carefully Wan approached the beautiful creature who casually began to run her fingers through those obsidian locks of hers. "I've never seen you in the Spirit Wilds before. Then again no one really survives out here alone." The woman began as she observed Wan's clothing. Gathering that he was perhaps from the "Fire Lion Turtle" and even offered to help him return to his home if needed.

Her overall generosity throwing Wan for a loop, as living on that turtle not much kindness was shown to Wan. More bitterness and loathing because of his lower status which shook Wan to the core. And overall is what pushed him to the actions which forced his eviction from the turtle. It was then that Wan decided to tell a white lie, unsure of how this gorgeous woman would take knowing she had friended someone like him. Banished from his home due to his own actions and stupidity. Instead Wan thanked the woman for her kindness, but informed him that he was out on a sort of scouting mission for the "Fire Lion Turtle". As further proof Wan even produced flames in the palm of his hand. A sign that he had been gifted by the lion turtle itself. Convinced the woman then offered her companionship, stating that two eyes were better than one. And that the two of them could cover far more ground together.

Wan eagerly accepted the woman's offer and introduced himself rather sheepishly. It was then with a smile and her hand outstretched for his the woman too introduced herself. Calling herself Hye. A name as graceful as she was, fitting and it made Wan smile even more. Commiting her name to memory Wan and Hye traveled through the Spirit Wilds. Coming across many travelers. And it was then that Wan realized just what Hye was doing roaming the wilds by herself. She was a sort of advocate or "Voice of the Spirits". Sharing her belief of caring for the spirits. And this went to as far as living harmoniously with the creatures which was unheard of. With that vibrant smile of hers, Hye was able to convince many people along the way to coexist with the spirits. Hoping one day that the entire world would not see the spirits as dangerous feinds. But as neighbors or perhaps one day even life long friends. It baffled Wan at Hye's ability, his own beliefs changing the longer the two traveled together.

To the point that even the spirits took notice of Wan's change of attitude towards them. And even began to approach Wan peacefully. Conversing with him and Hye and even allowing the two humans to pet and hold the spirits. This was a large step towards the man Wan would soon become. A person who took pride in his future pathway and it all began with a young woman who spoke of peace. And made Wan go weak in the knees. Following Hye and her teachings Wan became a humble voice for the spirits as well. Helping Hye spread the word of coexistence between humans and spirits. An inner peace now within Wan due to his time with Hye. Though not all people listened to their tales and often retaliated and attacked the two. Both Wan and Hye continued their journey hand in hand. Even if their days began with a white lie created by Wan. It mattered not to him, his days spent with the breathtaking Hye we're one of the fondest in Wan's memory. One that he kept close to his heart even now as he shed tears at the thought of his love. This act alone causing Aisuya herself to tremble in ultimate sorrow. Able to feel the utter pain and love Wan felt for this woman. But it still did not explain what Hye had to do with her.