Memoirs of the Spirit Pt. 2

During their travels Hye began to open up to Wan more. Revealing that she was not always here alone in the Spirit Wilds. That she was infact a child born on the back of the "Water Turtle". But was cast out by it's people claiming Hye had been "touched" by the spirits. As the day of her birth white light poured from her mother's womb. Who was infact a normal human woman, though it was believed she had laid with a spirit. Giving birth to Hye, a child who bore markings on her face which glowed upon contact with spirits. A trait Wan noticed that made his mind wander in amazement at the dazzling Hye. That because she was alittle different she was forced from a home she never truly knew. And her mother's fate till this day was a mystery to Hye. But fate was kind to the infant Hye, as passing "Air Turtle" denizens came across the abandoned Hye. Recognizing her markings as not a curse but a blessing to them by the spirits. These people took Hye in, raising her as one of their own upon the "Air Turtle".

Growing up with these people taught Hye many things that she would take with her. Living with the nomads Hye was given a more open way of living. She enjoyed the gentle breeze of the wind and how nature itself seemed to sing it's song for all to hear. But many did not notice. It was thanks to these people that Hye had an affinity to spirits. Able to speak and interact with the spirits around her. Though that of course could be attributed to Hye being "touched" by a spirit. None the less Hye grew up to be a peaceful woman who preferred not to engage in battle. As it was against her teachings, it was one of the many things that surprised Wan. Along with the fact that since her travels in the "Spirit Wilds" Hye has never harmed a spirit. Nor nature. No it was no necessary as the earth itself gave Hye sustenance from its many branches. Allowing Hye to not have to kill any animals for her meals. She was a full on vegetarian which Wan began to adopt some of her customs. In an effort to become even closer to Hye. And it was working.

Bit by bit Wan was opening up to the woman before him. Who's charisma knew no bounds. For even the animals and people loved her. Showing kindness to Wan, all because he was associated with Hye. And that smile of hers was known to get the two out of the worst of troubles. But there always comes a time when a reliable ploy falls. And one faithful day that very thing happened. It was a normal warm day out in the "Spirit Wilds" and after gathering water and food for their journey ahead. Wan led the way across the vast grassy terrain. With Hye's hand clutched in his own, the couple eventually passed large grey peaks. Peaks that Hye began to explain we're a symbol to her. As once the two crossed those peaks another direction, they would soon reach the "Air Lion Turtle". All the while as she spoke Wan couldn't help but to gaze adoringly at the woman. Enjoying that certain spark which was in Hye's eye. It was apparent the Wan that this woman deeply loved the people of the "Air Turtle" after all they were infact the people that raised her. It was only natural for Hye to love them, but this was a different kind of love. Something further as Hye spoke of her adoration to the people and their teachings. Saying that she hoped one day to be "Spiritually Sound of Mind" to beable to become the example needed for the world to near it's peaceful era.

As the people of the "Air Lion Turtle" believed that only true harmony with the sports would enable to peace the world desperately needed. And Hye was no different. She believed this wholeheartedly and was willing to travel with Wan to the ends of the Earth to spread this message. It was her deep devotion to this belief that drove Hye and it caused Wan to fall even more in love with the woman. Though with her strong  beliefs Wan was unsure of Hye really had time to entertain his feelings for her. He watched the joy on her face when they came across someone they could aid. That bright smile of hers that never wavered and the way she spoke to these people. Her words filled with nothing but utter kindness. Unfazed by any negativity or distractions. Wan knew how much her belief truly meant to Hye. And because of this for many years Wan held his tongue, working beside to woman he deeply cared for. All the while his heart and spirit ached with the unknown question lingering in his mind for quite sometime.

Was there enough room in Hye's heart for Wan? Or was her duty to spread the word of peace stronger? This question would remain unanswered for sometime but not long. As a faithful encounter in the mountains would force a new path upon Wan. One that would rip him from Hye for all time. And reveal the deep regret which Wan still felt till this day over this woman. The woman who stole his heart after many years of companionship, growing and learning more about one another. Each ignorant of the others feelings for the other. It was a ignorant yet blissful exsitence for a time. A time that could never last.