Spiritual Swamp

The gentle locking movement of Sesi trotting down the dirt road slowly began to awaken the unconscious Aisuya. Aisuya's raven locks blocking her face from view as the journey continued. Though with Korra walking beside the gigantic feline which protected Aisuya with every fiber of his being. The animal fully dedicated to protecting Aisuya, just as Naga was always there for Korra. That one friend who would never betray them. A faithful companion who would never judge them for their actions. Yes. This was in fact the very bond Korra herself witnessed between Sesi and Aisuya. The large leopard even roared in rage the moment Aisuya was injured. It's predator instincts seeming to kick in at a moment's notice. Sesi's intent to protect Aisuya perhaps even greater than Korra's own.

Continuing to lead the Korra and Aisuya out of the more inhabited parts of the Earth Nation. Sesi trotted down the barley visible road, seeming to know exactly where he was going. Which was alittle reassuring for Korra, as she herself didn't even know where to start this journey of hers. But something deep down within her, told her that everything was in good hands. Believing in this gut feeling Korra followed the large feline into a dense swamp. The air thick with the sounds of crickets and other insects chirping in the distance. All the while the many land mammals which called this place home roamed it's lands. Easily jumping from large branch to branch, as the entire swamp itself was one gigantic tree. It's roots seeping into the very earth for hundreds of years. Spreading, and growing more and more as the years went by. Soon becoming it's own lush forest for a time. And then a swamp where each root, and plant were connected. A single heart beat. Though if you followed the many roots it would infact lead you to the "heart" of the swamp. Which was exactly where Sesi was taking them. Sloshing his way through the murky waters, soaking his coat. Though when the water became too high where it nearly touched Aisuya. Korra was always quick to manipulate the water so, to the point of parting quite a large portion of the moss filled waters. Enabling Sesi to swiftly dash through the newly formed path, though careful not to cause Aisuya to fall off her.

Though as the group continued to venture further within Korra just couldn't shake the fact the something was abit off about this place. As nature and time seemed to almost be at a standstill here which was concerning given she was the Avatar. One who must maintain peace and equalibrium at all times in the world. But that wasn't all, Korra also felt very intuned with nature here. Almost at peace as she had felt once before in the Spirit World with Raava. Which only brought more questions to Korra. Where were they? And what exactly was this place? Although Korra's thoughts were interrupted by the sudden giggle in the distance. Belonging to a child no less, it sound laugh spreading throughout the thick mist. As Korra called out to the child. Asking them to stay put as Korra would find them.

But the voice didn't listen, it's giggles increased and seemed to almost dance among the dense swamp. Luring Korra deeper and most importantly away from Sesi and Aisuya. Whom had still yet to awaken from the battle before. Noticing Korra was no longer following them, Sesi turned on his heels to track the Avatar down. Knowing that was what Aisuya would want him to do. Though as he was about to dash off, the voice of an elderly woman stopped him. Stating that this was what was necessary for Korra to truly find her way. The woman's voice was not only rough but it was evident that she was a caring person. Placing her hand on Sesi's shoulder blade. The elderly woman led Sesi to her home deep within the swamp. It was there that she carefully began to examine to unconscious body of Aisuya. The elderly woman feeling a strange connection between her and the woman. Almost as if they had met somewhere before. Unable to contain a small smirk on her face, the elderly woman dressed in old earth kingdom garb took a seat beside Aisuya. The smile never leaving her face as she said "Been a long time there twinkle toes." That statement alone causing the sudden flare up of the Raava tattoo etched upon Aisuya's back. The tattoo giving off a vibrant white light which spewed from Aisuya's flesh. Spreading across the room with blinding speed before taking the physical form of Aang himself. A smile now on his own face upon seeing his old friend and teacher. " It's been far too long Toph." Aang greeted, a single tear rolling down Toph's right cheek. Happy to be reunited with her dear friend after so long. As his death had effected everyone on Team Avatar.

Though happy to see him Toph was curious as to why the Avatar seemed to be split in two. Korra being the main Avatar and then there was Aisuya here. Able to tap into the spirits of past Avatars. Something that only the Avatar was capable of. So why could she do it as well? "Mind explaining why your split in two Twinkle Toes?" Toph questioned, her hands infront of her all the while offering the glowing Aang to sit. Which he did, though the glowing of Aisuya's tattoos never ceased, for as long as it was needed. The unconscious Aisuya unfazed by the use of her body and spirit for the moment. As her spirit itself was somewhere else. Dashing through the thick swamps around them. Though she was being followed by none other than Korra. Who struggled to keep up with Aisuya; however in Korra's eyes she was not chasing Aisuya. No. For what Korra saw was a small child. Clad in water tribe clothing, the young child climbed from branch to branch. Leading Korra deeper into the swamp and more importantly away from the haunting apparition that lurked by.

Hauling it's chains across the terrain in search for Korra. It's glowing eyes soon finding the struggling Avatar, before the creature slung it's heavy chains at Korra. Striking her hard across the face, sending her flying across the ground. Slamming her back hard against a fairly large tree branch, stealing the very air from her lungs. Korra fell to her knees, coughing harshly and forcing herself to her feet. Vision dazed she took her signature fire stance in preparation for another attack from her former self. Though she proved too slow as the chain wielding woman launched herself forward using her chains. Closing the distance between the two the woman swept her right foot beneath Korra's, breaking her stance and causing Korra to stumble. Giving the woman enough time to headbutt Korra into the tree behind her. And wrapping Korra in the chains she desperately tried to run from.

Korra screamed for help, her fingers clawing at the metal to no avail. Only making her fingers go numb, as Korra was unable to metal bend at this point in time. Tears streaming down her cheeks the glowing eyed woman approached Korra once more using her chains the woman forced Korra to look her in the eye. True terror swelling from within Korra at the sight of herself. Broken. And looking for someone to break even more. Though noticing Korra's inability to shake off this phantom the young child Korra was chasing made her approach. Standing behind the creature Korra had subconsciously created. Korra cried out for the child to leave, her cyan orbs filled with tears. Although at that moment Korra realized she knew the child. For it was none other than a young Aisuya, at the age of 7. The young Aisuya then continued to walk to Korra despite her pleas not to do so. But as she did the apparition began to crumble like sand before Korra. Making the Avatar go wide eyed before the young Aisuya, who clasped her tiny hands around Korra's right one. Smiling towards Korra making her swallow a lump in her throat. Unable to hide that perhaps even as children perhaps Korra already had feelings for Aisuya. She just never noticed it.

"It's okay now, I'm here to help you Korra. And guide you back to the spirit world." Young Aisuya spoke drawing Korra's attention even more who questioned why she was doing this. "But why you? I don't understand." To this the young Aisuya's smile seemed to waver. Though her grip of Korra's hand did not. "I've always been there to guide you, you just forgot is all." Aisuya breathed her smile now a sorrowful one. Yet even so Young Aisuya led Korra deeper into the swamp in silence. Korra unsure of how to answer. Let alone explain why she had seemed to wipe Aisuya from her memory. She had never meant to do such a thing but she never realized how that action would have such a severe consequence and effect of Aisuya.

"I-" Korra began as the swamp seemed to glimmer before the sky itself turned a lovely pink hue. Bathing the lush greenery which turned into many shades of the rainbow. Alerting Korra that she had infact just crossed over into the spirit world. Noticing this Korra turned towards the child which once held her hand. And now had dashed off a great distance before Korra. Her back to her, before the child gave off a vibrant white light which bathed the area. Blinding all who gazed upon it, as even others spirits bowed before the light. A warm light that belonged to only one spirit Korra knew. Raava. Convinced this light was Raava, Korra called out to the light. All the while stepping towards the radiant source of this power. But what would Korra find? Would she find Raava? Or would she find something else?