Chapter Fifty-Three

Izuku's POV

Ura and I make it to Shin's house soon enough, so we get out of the car and walk into the house. Shin's parents and sister aren't home right now, so we go straight to the basement where everyone else is (besides Sho).

"Where've you been?" Tsu asks, sucking on a sucker.

"Mina."

"Kacchan."

"Oh..." they all say in understanding.

"When will Shoto get here?" Momo asks, standing up to go to her keyboard.

I smile as I walk over to the microphone with Ura. "He texted me earlier saying he would be here. I should probably call him..."

I grab my phone and call, putting him on speaker phone. "Hey, baby. I'm on my way now."

I smile. "Okay. Get here soon! We need to practice."

"Yeah, slow poke! Get it together," Shin says laughing.

"At least I didn't get my boyfriend pregnant," Sho says, and Shin walks away.

"Get here soon, okay?" He hums a yes. "Good. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hang up and put my phone in my pocket, humming while doing it. Oh! I need to tell Todo about him and Kacchan coming over.

I quickly take out my phone again and text him about it, then I pocket it one more time.

"Maybe we should start with 'HEAVEN' first once Shoto gets here. We haven't practiced it that much," Iida says.

We all nod. "Seems good to me. We both get to sing, Izu!"

Sho doesn't take long to get here after we had hung up, so we get straight to practice.

"The truth runs wild, like a tear down a cheek..." I start the song singing first. Rara will come in later.

It's a beautiful song that everyone in our group gets and understands. It goes into the whole religion thing, which I'm not a huge fan of. It doesn't bring back the best or happiest memories.

The song is about four and a half minutes long, and I love it. It's probably one of my favorites that we sing. The song Sero gave  to us is beautiful as well, but "HEAVEN" just hit different.

Tsu and Toshi wrote it not too long ago, so it's our least practiced song that we have, which isn't the best. If we make it far enough in the competition, this will probably be the song we end (and hopefully win) on, because it's a slow song, but it's very bold at the same time. Again... I just love the song!

I would love to win the competition, but just having professional people in the business see my work is amazing! Even if we don't win, I'm hoping that we'll be able to get a small contract with someone.

Momo also plays the keyboard with Tsu in this one, it needed two to give it that extra boost. Momo is amazing at the piano/key board even though she's here for ballet. Although... I think that's what her parents really wanted to her to do; she's been practicing since she was three!

On her days off, she would hang out with Iida and Todo. They're hard asses, but Iida's parents are very proud of "their little boy", so they show us a lot of pictures of him, and some had Momo and Sho. They were so cute, holy shit! I wanna just squeeze them all!

"All that time is wasted feeling like my heart's mistaken, oh. So if I'm losing a piece of me, maybe I don't want heaven," I sing, closing my eyes. I really relate to this song on so many levels. Tsu and Shin did an amazing job on it.