Chapter Fourty- Two

Bakugou's POV

The one minute walk from the curb to the car was absolutely the longest and hardest thing I will ever do in my life.

Everything seemed to slow down, and it was like I could feel... everything and everyone around me. All the things they were feeling or doing... What a wild experience, man.

I reach the car and open the driver's side door and get in, closing it behind me, not looking up.  I just continue to look forwards or down. Don't make eye contact. It will only make it worse.

"Kacchan... look at me, please."

I furrow my brows at the hurt and sorrow in his voice. We put it there... I put it there.

I slowly look up at him, and he looks at me with the most broken face, but he's smiling.

Why?

Why is it that no matter what you go through you always smile? Even when you're hurting.

"I know you're blaming yourself, Kacchan, but it's not your fault. Todoroki told me what happened, and I believe him. He kissed you first and it was his faul-"

"But I didn't pull away! I couldn't even give you this! You're relationship! Even after all these years I still hurt you... I don't know why... I don't mean to. Not anymore. I... I've always been so horrible to you, but you've always smiled through it. You were never mean back. You never told me to stop. You just took it. And smiled too! Why?! How can you be so strong?"

"Kacchan."

I ignore him and continue. "You've always amazed me. Always will. I was so... jealous of you... Everyone compared us to each other growing up, and that made me mad. You were always so much better than me, and I just wanted to be your equal, and that's why I hurt you so much... Fuck! I'm a giant fuck up! Why won't I just go away already!"

"Kacchan..!"

"I'm so sorry, Izuku. I've never deserved you in my life and I never will. I should just go away. I should have never tried to get close to you again. Because the only thing I can ever do to you is hurt you! Why can't I just help you for onc-"

"Kacchan just shut up for a goddamn minute!"

I do as told and look to him quickly. Somewhere over that speech I looked away.

"De-"

"Just shut the fuck up, Kacchan."

And... before I knew it his lips were on mine. It takes me by surprise, but I very quickly melt into the kiss, closing my eyes. He grabs my neck and pulls me towards him more, which makes me grab his hair and cheek in my hands.

He slowly opens his mouth, licking my bottom lip and poking into my mouth. I open my lips fully to let him in, and boy does he get the message quickly.

He slowly explores my mouth, running his tongue along everything, leaving very little undiscovered. He let's go of me and retreats back slowly, leaving a little line of spit between us, which he licks up back into his mouth.

He comes back to my lips and gives them a few more lingering but short kisses. He bites my lip a bit, which causes me to groan very, very, very softly, which makes him smirk a little bit.