I gave him one last glare as I stood over him, making sure he knew who was in charge before I walked out of the room. With the door slamming behind me, I released another aggravated sigh and continued to further away from my office, further away from him.

-

It was sunset when I finally made my way out of my room and towards my safe haven. Standing along the edge of the pack borders I noticed the few warriors who stood a couple of metres away from me standing guard. Silently acknowledging them, I sat on the ground and stared at the little writing that was on the wall.

"Hey Aiden," I whispered quietly and a small breeze softly passed through me.

"Sorry I haven't visited in a while, things have been hectic lately," I sighed softly playing with the small bits of twigs that scattered the area. "I found my mate, and he's a rogue," I admitted to him. 

"He's also really annoying and stubborn and now he's been given a room in our house. Can you believe that mother really let him into our home?" I ranted. "The goddess is playing a cruel trick on me Aiden, I can't believe I got a rogue as a mate," I shook my head. "If he wasn't a rogue, I would've just accepted him. He's not all bad I guess, I've seen a good side of him. But I can't let myself just give into the mate bond, too much is at stake."

My mind drifted to the time at the waterfall. "I refuse, I can't let my guard down Aiden, I just can't. Mother is truly insane to even allow him to roam around our home," I repeated to myself.

"And River, don't even get me started. He's equally as bad," I threw a stick away from me. "I think if you were here, you'd be on my side and probably fight River," I thought. "You'd be the mediator between us at least."

I felt a chuckle escape past my lips as I stared off in the distance. "I know I keep saying that we never truly met, we never grew up together but I wish you were here. I think I need an unbiased opinion." Another breeze went past me and I felt a smile appear on the curve of my lips.

"What should I do? I need to keep myself on guard, any sign of weakness could mean a lot in terms of this war. There's a literal war coming soon, and we are not prepared. Arsen hasn't given us any more information other than the number of warriors," I sighed. "We have to make use of the situation at hand."

"If the only mother let me handle the situation at hand, I'd feel better about allowing him to stay. I was doing this my way and now I'm under more pressure to protect my pack and my family," 

"This is all so messed up. Can I trust him? Do you think I should trust him?" I asked Aiden. There was silence, as always. I rubbed my temples and breathed out. "Goddess, this whole thing is hurting my head. I'm barely nineteen and I'm dealing with this," I exclaimed. River and I were turning nineteen soon and we're in a war, how comical.

I felt the fur on my arms raise and my ears perked up. "What do you need Warrior?" I asked the wolf in front of me, he was a respective few feet metres from me and bared his neck towards me.

"River has requested you to return back," he informed me. 

"Why didn't he try to contact me?" I scoffed, but stood up anyway and dusted the dirt off my jeans.

"He tried, he said you blocked the link."

"Oh right," I muttered before dismissing the warrior. He bowed his head before returning back to his post before I took one look back at Aiden and left the scene.