chapter 21

"Emery is in a state of depression." the nurse sighs as my expression turns from a slight relief, to a sad, scared look.

"How can we help her?" I ask, even though the doctors probably don't know.

"There is medication, but I really think if she saw Shawn..." she pauses.

"Is Shawn ok?" I ask panicking.

"It's unclear, but the doctors say he has signs of coming out of his coma. It's all up in the air, but things look okay for now." the nurse smiles.

"That's great, I'll tell Jessa."

I walk into the room and see Jessa starting to close her eyes.

"Everything ok?" she slowly opens her eyes.

"Baby is doing well, Emery not so much." I sigh.

"Emery? Oh my gosh Emery! How is she?" Jessa sits up quickly.

"Not good at all." I explain what the nurse informed me about, including the Shawn part.

"Cameron?"

"Yes darling?" I say in a raspy, tired voice.

"I want to go home soon. I want to be home for Christmas and watch Blaire open gifts." Jessa slightly smiles.

"Even after everything that's going on?" I ask.

"Cameron I don't want Blaire to miss out on Christmas because of this terrible occasion." she sighs. "It's going to be hard but I'll do anything for my baby. She is probably wondering what's happening, poor thing."

"Jess want me to go get her?" I ask already half way out the door because I needed to see her too.

As I walk down the hallway I think of everything that is going on and how badly I needed my mom.

I turn a corner and Blaire was with the nurse that took her, but Logan and Lola were not there.

"Daddy I want mommy." Blaire cries. I picked her up and the nurse followed behind us as we entered Jessa's room.

I look at the room straight ahead and I see a new nurse handing Jess a pink bundle. "Sissy?" Blaire questioned excitedly and I nod, smiling. I put Blaire down and she runs over to Jessa's bed.

"Baby I missed you so much." Jessa whispers kissing Blaire's head. Jess held the pink bundle close to her chest and looked up at me and smiled. "Cameron look."

I walked over and saw our beautiful daughter. She had oxygen tubes in her nose, but other than that, the doctor said she was healthier than they thought and would be able to go home with an oxygen tank on Christmas Eve.

"Hi Jillian." I whispered as Jessa handed Jillian Reese to me. I held her close and sat down on the couch. I kissed her forehead and now I knew that though things are not the best with Shawn and Emery, but I was ok because my wife and two daughters were happy ( not completely, but I could tell they were better than before ) and healthy.

The nurse came over to put Jillian in the NICU for the night. Before she took her she whispered to me, "Shawn is out of his coma and I want you to tell Emery and Jessa yourself." she smiled and took the baby.

"Oh my gosh." I said elated, maybe Christmas won't be as terrible and depression as I thought.