chapter 8✥

*CAMERONS POV*

After a few hours at the pool, Jessa, Blaire and I decided to head back up to the room. Eventually it was 2:00 and we decided to go down to the hotel restaurant to eat lunch.

I look a few tables back and spot Wayne and Sophia.

"Why don't you invite them to sit with us?" Jessa asked and I great fully excepted and walked over to invite them.

"You guys want to sit with us?" I ask.

"Yes yes yes!" Wayne responds.

"Thank you Cameron. Your a really great guy." Sophia smiles and walks over to our table.

"Ok so this is my girlfriend Jessa, and this is my daughter Blaire." I introduce.

"And Jessa and Blaire, this is my friend Sophia and my son Wayne." they sit down and at first it is pretty awkward, until my little ray of sunshine starts conversation.

"What is your favorite color?" Blaire asks the whole table. Wayne laughs and answers.

"Green!"

"Yellow!" Jessa responds.

"Red!" I answer.

Blaire looks at Sophia with wide eyes, expecting her to say something. Instead, she walks away. Blaire frowns and goes back to doing a coloring sheet.

I decide to get up to see if she is ok. Before I do, I look over at my girlfriend and son interacting. I smile and walk over to the area where Sophia is. I could tell she was crying.

"Is everything ok?" I ask walking over to her.

"Ya, sorry I walked away." she mumbles.

"Why?" I ask sitting down.

"Cameron your the last person who would want to hear about my problems." she says walking away, but I gets her hand and pull her next to me.

"But I want to hear. Anything that's wrong, tell me." I say meaningly.

"Your such an amazing person. Your girlfriend is such an amazing person. Your daughter is such an amazing girl. Cameron you don't realize how lucky you are. You are in such a great situation. Because of you I have been left alone and I'm really scared for my future. No guy wants to date a 23 year old with an 8 year old."

"Sophia stop doing this to yourself. Your so great, a guy will notice you. Yeah maybe not this second, but some day." I say standing up looking straight in her eyes.

"Cameron you don't know that. One day I could be dating a guy and the next he leaves me, just like you." she says almost yelling.

"I wasn't ready for it!" This time it's me who yells.

"I do NOT want you around my son ever again." Sophia yells. She walks out of the restaurant, taking Wayne with her.