Mind, Body, and Soul. Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"So the new mission is to pair up and fight these Captains?" Xander clarified as they stared off at the silver-green planet of Xenion. It wasn't a large planet and seemed to lack actual civilizations. The closer they got revealed mostly vegetation of various colors, most notably the bright purple-leaved trees that sat thick across its surface.

"Yeah, it seems like it. This planet is so pretty though, makes me feel bad that it might not survive the aftermath of this fight." Xander mocked as he floated closer into the gravitational pull of the planet causing him to slightly backtrack. "Geeze, strong ass pull." He spoke as he planted himself in the air so he couldn't be pulled in.

"This is Planet Xenion, it's uninhabited by lifeforms similar to us, but it's overrun with beasts of all different shapes and sizes," Fria spoke blankly. "Don't feel bad, it can easily be remade if the fight gets a bit crazy." She paused to turn and face them. "Who is going with who?"

"I will take Hyrico with me. Fria, go with Liz, Tricinity go with Xander, and Drasmian you will accompany Damien." Serena ordered. "Destiny and Tesla are already a group. Tesla, don't let anything happen to her." She looked at the mossy green beast, that in response, wrapped itself around Destiny's body turning her armor into a velvety green color.

"So what's the plan?" Xander asked.

"The easiest one I can think of." She paused dramatically. "Take them down." The moment the words left her mouth she shot forward at full speed towards the planet's atmosphere. Within seconds, hundreds of warships appeared, as though they turned off their camouflage and sat floating in the air all directed at them. Everyone charged forward, Liz jumped in front and just held her hand up, directing everyone to stop.

"Let me handle this, I have a lot of pent up anger." She smirked as she still faced the ships. She extended out both hands as energy swirled around them like dancing flames. The ships took that as a threat and began to open fire. Energy attacks of all sorts, missiles, bombs, bullets, beams all charged at her in unison. Once within her range, they changed colors from their original red to the same orange that Liz produces, as they were pulled in by her own powers. Once the onslaught stopped, they noticed every single attack had been held back by Liz and was swirling around her entire body like a storm.

"This is for holding me prisoner!" She roared as she cast out her hands. "Chain burst." She then whispered to herself. Two large energy beams fired out from her hands and acted like a bolt of electricity that shot towards the closest two ships and sent them up in flames as they exploded with such brilliant colors, one might mistake it for a rainbow. The energy bursts didn't stop at the first two, once their first targets were destroyed the beams split apart and charged for another one, then another, then another, until the entire armada was nothing, but a radiant flash of different colors.

"Now you can continue." She winked at them as they all watched debris from the ships rain down upon the land like hellfire and brimstone, setting many acres of forest and vegetation ablaze.

"Welp. I'm glad she's on our team." Tricinity chuckled.

"Let's go," Serena ordered and charged, once more, towards the now burning surface of the planet, she stopped just above a row of trees and looked back at her brother. "Can you locate them?"

He closed his eyes and made a diamond shape with his fingers, building up his energy in the center until it filled the whole space. He flicked his wrist, pulling the energy with it, and then snapped his fingers to cast it out. The wave traveled around the entire planet's surface in less than a few seconds, and just like that, he pinpointed their exact location. He cast the information out to everyone through the mental link and they all shot off towards their newest targets.