Mind, Body, and Soul. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After a few short minutes, they were overhead the siblings' home, as they were descending there was a woman who was waiting outside their door banging aggressively. They quickly landed before she noticed them, and as they got closer Liz recognized the woman's short curly black hair and dark skin.

"Destiny?" She questioned as she got within earshot of the lady. Destiny let out a scream and fell over trying to turn around causing Liz to let out an obnoxious laugh. "What the hell are you doing?" She asked as she leaned down to help her friend up. Liz looked her up and down, her extremely curvy frame well accentuated with a lace crop top that dangled over her midsection, and a pair of tan slacks.

"I heard from some of Damien's men that they had you trapped so I rushed over here to see if it was true." She spoke so fast it was almost inaudible.

"Calm down, take a breath, I'm fine. You know well enough Damien couldn't hurt me if he wanted to." She said as Damien walked up beside her causing Destiny to scream, she reached down, grabbed an empty pot that was sitting on the ground, and tossed it full speed at Damien's head. He ducked out of the way in just enough time to have Destiny's designer shoe-clad foot slam into his face knocking him off the porch.

"He's down! Let's go, Liz." Destiny shrieked as she grabbed Liz's hand and tried to run off with her only to have her leg grabbed by Damien making Destiny stumble over and fall.

"It's fine Destiny, he isn't a threat to us anymore, trust me," Liz stated as she once again had to help her friend back to her feet.

"But, wait, why is he here? Don't you owe him money?" Destiny spoke with a quickness to her tongue. She has always been a fast talker and Liz is one of the few people who took the time to get to know her for who she is, so she holds Liz close to her heart. "I know it isn't my business, but I just worry about you." Her tone slowed as she looked at the ground in embarrassment. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok sweetie. Don't worry." Liz grabbed her friend's shoulders and looked her straight in the eye. "Everything is fine. I sort of paid Damien off."

"With what?" Destiny looked back confused.

Liz pointed her thumb behind her, Destiny moved her gaze to where her friend was indicating, she saw Xander helping Damien to his feet when they both stood Damien leaned in close to his new-found lover and gave his hand a tight squeeze before letting go and approaching behind Liz. "Oh." She paused for a moment and as he got closer her face changed to one of total shock. "Ooh." She said even longer this time, fully understanding what her friend had meant.

"That hurt," Damien said sternly as he reached Liz's side, yet again

"I'm sorry, you know how I get, it's fight or flight with me and well, I can't exactly fly." Destiny apologized with nervous laughter, twiddling her fingers around as she spoke.

"Yeah I know, it was always one of your more attractive qualities." He spoke giving a flirtatious wink in Destiny's direction.

Liz's hand connected with the back of Damien's head as she leaned in close to his ear. "Don't fuck this up, he is the best person you will ever find to care for you." She turned and looked at her friend. "No offense to you." She laughed nervously as she walked up to the door and began to unlock it. "Now please pardon all of us, we have some important matters to attend to."

Everyone shuffled passed Destiny rather quickly and into the house leaving her on the porch with Liz. "Who are those people?" Destiny asked her friend.