Mind, Body, and Soul Chapter 7

Chapter 7

               Everyone rendezvoused back at the location of the three masters, Serena descended to the ground and laid out her sister gently on the ground. Xander was standing next to Damien's still frozen body, she watched as he reached over and touched his shoulder. He snapped back to reality and stumbled around for a second before his eyes landed on Xander.

               "That was a cheap move." Damien huffed out at him.

               "How so?" Xander crossed his arms as he stared back at the annoyed man.

               "I couldn't even get a hit on you, everything I threw at you was just tossed aside."

               "You put up a good fight though." Xander tried to reassure him.

               "No, literally it was so one-sided." Damien flustered as he leaped into the air and took off towards the house.

               "He's right you know." Diamoxa's voice echoed around them as his orb appeared and started to lightly drift in the air in small circles. 

               "I know he's right, but I didn't want to admit that to him." Xander retorted.

               "Let's head back to your home so we can talk about everything." Zarbourus appeared next to Diamoxa. A small screen materialized in front of his round orange figure displaying text unreadable to any Earthling. The screen started to cycle through several other windows until it landed on one in particular. Xander and Serena looked at the screen simultaneously as though they could understand it before they switched their attention to each other then back at Diamoxa and Zarbourus.

               "Warping Channels???" Xander blurted out in confusion. "You mean we can..." But before he could finish, they were wrapped in a pillar of rainbow light that shined so vividly and beautifully it could never be described in words. It took their breath away as they watched it circle around them for that short moment before they were dropped on their butts in the middle of their dining room.

               "No, you can't do that," Zarbourus answered Xander's unfinished question.

               Serena stood up and looked around for Liz's body only to find it resting gently on top of the dining room table.

She began to rustle around, as she sat up holding her forehead she stared down at the floor for a moment before shaking her head and turning her gaze to the group around her.

               "I want to know why Serena mopped the floor with me." She stated as she shuffled off the top of the table.

               "I don't need super-strength to kick your ass, little sister." Serena gave a cheeky grin to her. Liz's response wasn't as cheeky, she flicked her finger in her sister's direction and a small energy orb flew towards her. Serena merely lifted her hand and caught the orb in retaliation. It exploded on impact, leaving a small cloud of smoke and slight burn marks on her hand.

               Liz huffed in frustration and sunk in the nearest chair. "Still wanna know." She let out in annoyance.

               Kesmian appeared at the exact same moment as Damien rounded the corner from the kitchen to the dining room. He jumped in surprise and dropped his glass of milk. It smashed on the ground and shattered, sending shards of glass across the floor. "Aww man, first I can't beat my boyfriend and now I am out of milk." Damien threw his hands in the air and grunted in anger. "This is the worst day ever!" He screamed as he stormed back into the kitchen.