Mind, Body, and Soul Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Midnight, the hour they had been waiting for, was just a couple of minutes away. Everyone had changed clothes and managed to get some training in before it was time to leave. They all gathered in the living area before they headed out into the open air. Xander left the shield up since they were going to be returning once they had checked the casino for any information.

"Alright let's get going," Zarbourus spoke as the three of them turned back into their orb-like forms and disappeared into their stones. They flew high and fast through the barrier and into the clouds.

As midnight struck, their feet made contact with the sixth floor of the parking garage that sat next to the casino. They noticed cracks all around the surface of it and then realized it had been blocked off for safety reasons. "Not that I care, but..." Damien trailed off in his statement as he raised one hand and slowly began to close his fist. At the same time, the cracks across the structure began to close and seal making the parking garage safe to use once again.

"My heroic knight," Xander spoke sarcastically as he snapped his fingers causing the sliding glass doors to open and let them inside. They all piled into the elevator and as soon as the doors closed their operation had started. Xander put his fingers together in a diamond shape, then rotated them around till they faced him like an open book. He closed his hands and his power had been put into effect. The doors opened on the first floor and to the rest of the world, they looked like four employees. Serena was a security guard, Liz was a game technician, Xander was a housekeeper, and Damien was a cashier.

"We all know remember where to go correct?" Serena spoke as she held the door open for the other three.

"Yes." They spoke in unison as they all walked past the machines at the front entrance and veered off in separate directions. Xander's powers allowed them to gain only certain information. He didn't just create random identities, he tracked three employees that worked here 

Xander walked through the casino and found where they kept the barrels for housekeepers to use, in the back of one of the buildings. He grabbed one then headed to the nearest closet and gathered the items he would need as he headed out onto the floor and started cleaning. One of the patrons had walked by and dropped a lit cigarette into his trash can and without even thinking, Xander grabbed his broom and whacked the man over his head with it.

"What the fuck dude?" The man yelled as he turned to face Xander, who simply rolled his eyes and poked the guy in the forehead causing the man to forget what he was doing as Xander just walked away.

Serena started walking around on the floor watching different casino-goers as she slowly made her way to a nearby door with a badge access key. She swiped hers and headed into the back going down a few different hallways before she realized they didn't go anywhere of importance, so she walked out and headed up a ramp to another building with table games inside of it.

Liz was walking around turning off service lights on machines and trying to look for any notable areas. She left the central building and headed down to where the bar was. On the right side of the hallway was a set of restrooms with several machines sitting next to them and on the left was a keycard lock that seemed more restricted than the other doors she had seen on her way through. She approached the door and then noticed two security guards coming around the corner. Quick to hide her actions she casually leaned up against the bar and watched the casino goers across the way press that addictive little button repeatedly.

Once they passed, she noticed Damien walking in the other direction down the ramp passed the guards and passed her without any recognition. "Well, that was rude." She mumbled quietly to herself as she turned to face the keycard device and placed one hand on it. There was an unnoticeable flash of light as she drained the energy from inside the machine and turned the doorknob. A bright hallway waited for her on the other side of the door, she quickly entered and shut the door behind her before she reactivated the security lock.