Chapter 35 - Last Tower

Start from the beginning

---...---

"He's not making any sense." Blue said as he finished questioning Ink as best as he could.

"I don't know what happened but he can't be Ink. He must be someone else."

"Then the magic signature... Sci gave us was a wrong one?" Blue asked with worry.

"Yes? No? It can't be a wrong one. If it was another version's signature it won't be that specific to lead us to the one Dust and Killer met." Dream thought as he looked at the other.

Well... he looked like Ink. The splatter, the eye lights except the clothes were different. They tried any method they could thought off. Since they went to the Doodle Sphere they snagged an extra sash of vials. They put it on and the other was surprise at the feeling, even going as far as to ask if it was a magical item.

"What's your name?" Dream tried again.

The other was looking at him with tiredness but answered as Error ordered a completely cooperation. "Ink Comyet."

It was weird to hear the other with surname but he didn't question it. He doubt that Error even knew the other's real name was Ink. If he was really slave, he could even have his name replaced that easily.

"Where do you live?"

"Fourth General's Tower."

"No, I mean before that."

"... Lilac Town."

Dream frowned at the answer. He was trying but everything seemed to be in vain. He couldn't get the other to talk. Was he really Ink? But he was the one the signature directed to. Sci can't be wrong... maybe he lost his memories? Got replaced?

"Don't you... remember me?"

His skull hung down as he tried to think of anything else. He didn't expect an answer. If they didn't get what they wanted, then Error and Ink will leave forever. They promised to let them go after all.

"Doodle Sphere..." Dream looked up, still not hoping. "Why do I feel... like I've lived here before?" Dream's soul pounded as Ink looked at him with questioning face. "Hey... do you know why?"

---|---

"It's sunset..." Ink mumbled as they stepped out the castle and to the courtyard.

Dream gripped the leash tighter as a servant passed by them. He decided to continue forward and to Seventh's tower.

"If you and him are brothers. What's your last names?" He asked with wonder.

There was silence that's why Ink thought that he shouldn't talk about it anymore. He tried to find another topic when Dream answered.

"Joku." Dream mumbled almost inaudibly.

So it was their Creator's name or at least, part of it. Ink was fully aware of who created him and Error and the others. They both were given duties and roles to play others were just happened to be lucky to only act as part of one universe instead of handling thousands of others.

"Then that makes my last name Comyet. Do you know other's?"

"Reaper Renrink. Dust Streblow... Martial von Dreemur."

Ink quirked a brow at the last one as it only took the last name of Asgore instead of a Creator's. In truth, he had never encountered a Martial in his universe. Maybe there wasn't really?

"What's Killer's?" He asked.

"No one knows."

Even if the Martial's doesn't follow up the pattern, most of it do then if he was right, Killer's surname will be...