Taste The Feeling

July 28th, 2016

Research Type: Social

Group Involved: 127

[TAEYONG, JAEHYUN, DONGHYUCK, MARK, YUTA, TAEIL and WINWIN]

File Name: Taste The Feeling

Goal: To test their ability to lead a normal life without much instruction

Summary: Immediately after social experiment one, [Fire Truck], 127 were equipped with a new set of memories and given accommodations to live in. They were given no apparent goal in hopes they would create their own personal goal and to make sure the memories were not the fault in social assimilation. Similar to experimental research two, [Without You], the clones adapted and displayed emotions in their surroundings. They were only redacted from society on the 28th of July when they started to rely on Coca-Cola, having seen too many commercials and believing the soft drink was the source of human happiness and success.

 They were only redacted from society on the 28th of July when they started to rely on Coca-Cola, having seen too many commercials and believing the soft drink was the source of human happiness and success

YUTA focused in on the soccer goal in front of him, his target being the empty paint can just beyond the barrier he had set up to act like a human wall. To the average person walking by, it looked like a lot of set-up for a just out of high school player. He had a try-out for the city's soccer team the next morning, and he knew he should be sleeping so he would be well rested, but he was determined to knock the paint can over first. A simple target, yet extremely difficult to successfully maneuver.

When he failed for what felt like the thousandth time, he collapsed onto the ground in frustration. Thoughts of extreme doubt filled his mind as he stared up at the nighttime sky above him, the only thing telling him he had been there for way too long. If he couldn't kick over a paint can, how could he make the team?

"You look like you need a break." WINWIN held out a bottle of Coca-Cola, and YUTA sat up to drink it.

"Where'd you come from?" The other clone shrugged, opening his own bottle and sitting down next to him.

"Not sure. I just couldn't get the beat right for the song I was working on, had a Coke, and it all worked out. I thought you and the others might need one too, so now I'm going around and handing out Coke." YUTA took a long drink from the bottle, just now recognizing how dehydrated he must've been getting. That's just what happens when you practice for hours and run out of water.

"This stuff is magic." He muttered, and WINWIN laughed.

"Yeah. I should probably go check on the others now." The clone stood back up from the grass, leaving YUTA on the ground and leaving to deliver the beverage to their other friends.

As soon as he got back up to try again after drinking the entire bottle, he couldn't contain his surprise and joy when he finally kicked over the empty paint can.

WINWIN went around the city to where he knew the others were, leaving the bottles where he knew they would find them later. The other clones smiled when they saw the beverage sitting there, immediately opening the bottle and drinking from it.

TAEYONG had been trying and failing desperately to complete a turn sequence, TAEIL had been working on lyrics that didn't seem to flow right, DONGHYUCK had come across a creator's block in the middle of spray painting a mural, JAEHYUN was trying to record for a song but couldn't get the notes right no matter what he tried, and MARK just couldn't seem to play a chord right on the electric guitar.

The researchers and observers sighed when they succeeded in their tasks after drinking the Coca-Cola, shaking their heads. None of the clones seemed to recognize they had simply needed a break and a new mindset, believing the Coke was the solver of all problems.

Judgement of Research: Successful Fail