Without You

April 9th, 2016

Research Type: Experimental

Group Involved: DOYOUNG, JAEHYUN and TAEIL

File Name: Without You

Goal: To test fake memories in place of their original ones

Summary: The fake memories, while providing a dramatic connection between the clones, were the perfect test for emotional response. All three responded better than expected, with the expected having been physically lashing out. The female actor hired was perfect in her role, and the boys have continued to ask what of her after being taken back into the dream lab. It's safe to say the memory technology works exactly how we want it to.

JAEHYUN stared at the girl DOYOUNG was with, unable to peel his eyes away from her. What was this feeling? This newfound emotion that clouded his vision. He wanted to take her away from DOYOUNG, run away, and then wrap her tightly in his arms as soon as they were away from everyone. Yet he knew he couldn't.

Instead, he stayed out of sight and pretended like he was the one making her smile. He was the one kissing her forehead and making her laugh. This angry and longing feeling within him only made him more certain that all he wanted was for her to smile and be happy forever.

TAEIL blandly went about his day. Work at the restaurant was slow, but it had been like that for as long as he could remember. The occasional passerby would enter, play a few games in their retro arcade, but it was rare that someone decided to get food to go along with that.

He couldn't keep himself from staring at the familiar girl in front of him, pondering with another man what they wanted to eat. She was beyond familiar in the sense of having been in a class with her once as kids. No, she was his childhood crush and best friend. He knew they had grown apart as they got into high school, but he never would've expected her to not remember him.

It hurt. The pain in his heart seeing her with another man. Seeing her happy with this other man. It was too strong of a new emotion.

DOYOUNG was aware of two things around him. The fact that his goal was to make this girl beside him as happy as he could and the fact that she was dying. Those were the only thoughts on his mind as he took her everywhere he could think of, doing everything within his power to keep the smile on her face.

That even included taking her to a tattoo parlor so she could tattoo her latest memories on her skin. Her early onset dementia was worsening at a rate no one would ever want to witness, and the only thing keeping her as grounded as she could be was permanently marking her memories across her skin. Even if she didn't know what the symbols meant or how they got there later.

The girl was taken away from them after a few days, leaving them to believe she had been taken into the hospital. The clones were returned to the laboratory without their fake memories wiped, leaving them in very melancholy droughts.

Judgement of Research: Success