A forgotten mission

Author note: this chapter is going to be a sad one. So I apologies its not a happy one 😊

She woke up on the ground with the sizzling smell of a fire. Her lungs burned from breathing in the smoke and her body felt numb to the touch. All around her laid the aftermath of the battle, the separatist base burning in a raging fire of burning metal.

It had gone wrong so wrong.

Her ears were ringing and her mind was blurry, all she could think was what happened. She tried to pry herself up of the ground but her body was so in shock her muscles gave out.

The muffled sound of yelling could be heard in the distance, although she had no idea why.

She lazily looked beside her seeing her helmet had scorch marks on the side like someone had smeared ash across it. What happened here?.

That is when she saw his face, the clone trooper who had helped her and her sister on many occasions. The man who had confessed he wanted to marry kyber the moment he saw her in the dark blue uniform with the burning phoenix on her shoulder plate. Laid still beside her, his left arm and right leg disfigured and gone. From his chest to his upper neck was a burn mark, and a drop of blood could be seen going down his chin.

Oh my god her breath was finally catching up to her as her brain registered what she was seeing.

"Dollar, please no no no"

She slowly army crawled over to him placing her head on his chest praying that she could hear a heart beat. It sound as quite as butterfly wings, but she could just make it out, barley.

"Dollar flu please hang in there, please for kybers sake please" she pleaded.

"Nooo" the sound of foot steps running behind her could be heard as the figure beside her fell to her knees.

That's when she felt the force of two strong hands turning her around. Her brown eyes bore down on her with fear and pain.

"Kyber"?

The clone trooper was openly crying, her tears washing away the dirt smudged on her cheeks.

"Is he gone please tell me he's not gone"

The question brought chills down her spine.

"Kyber"?

Her brain couldn't figure out what happened, come on Nara think.

She shook her head slightly. "Kyber what happened".

The trooper looked down at dollars face pain could be seen in her eyes.

"He saved you"

Nara's eyes widened "he what? oh my god kyber, What did I do"

"Kyber"! Clancey ran from the smoke his eyes landing on the scene before him. "Get him on the ship we need to get out of here"

"What happened here" Nara asked her voice sounded weak.

Kyber turned to her as anger filled her eyes making Nara flinch.

"Your mission did"

*********

Rex had seen the explosion from miles away his mind scrambling with thoughts.

They had done it, their mission was successful, or so he thought at the time.

The remaining droids had been crushed and the windu's force were able to be evacuated and safely transported back to base. All thanks to Nara's plan. He remembered seeing her greet her team in the hangar, she had specially asked Clancey and his team to come in and help. She had told him that she believed them to be right team for the job and that she trusted them to get it done effectively. He had his worries and doubts but now that he saw the base up in flames his doubts washed away. The sounds of cheers from behind him could be heard as both clone and civilian fighters could be heard across the hangar. They had finally won and we're celebrating with every fibre of their being.