The rebel and the imperial threat

"I understand, sir" Nara sighed with a shaky breath.

Harvey felt an incredible rage towards the senator. A rage he had never felt before;And it bothered him deeply .

" Is that all you have to say?" He snapped.

Everyone's head turned towards Harvey in complete shock, even Nara's eyes widened for a split second.

" She isn't some dog you can beck and call whenever you need her" Harvey growled " besides she just went through hell and back for the last mission we were sent on " he added with emphasis.

" Harvey" Hera spoke up " we all have a duty to protect the rebellion even if ..."

" to damn with the rebellion "! he shouted " she is my priority"!

Hera's mouth snapped shut. The noise in the room suddenly died down.

Harvey sighed and pushed down the guilt of seeing his friend's shocked expression. As he shook his head he turned his eyes towards Nara who now faced him.

He could feel the mixed emotions swirling around her as if she was fighting for an answer.

" I'll do it, " she said through gritted teeth. " I accept the mission"

It seemed she found one.

Harvey eyed her cautiously as if she were a wounded animal. " Nara you don't- "

" I'm sorry, but I've made up my mind" she said putting her hand up to cut him off " if it means stopping this monster for good I have to try" she said heavily. " I won't let him take anyone else"?

Harvey winced " I know you want to avenge Herra and your brothers but this isn't the right way" he insisted

" It may be our only chance and I'm the best option they've got, I possess the skills to get in and out undetected ,It's worth the risk" she insisted.

Harvey felt the weight of the world crumble around him.

" I can't lose you too" he whispered just loud enough for her to hear.

Nara sucked in a breath, the first sign of any emotions she had.

" don't think this is easy for me either" she choked back.

Harveys eyes widened as he saw the tiny tear roll down her cheek

"Nara"

I hope you can forgive me Harvey " she said coldly shoving her helmet on "excuse me"

Harvey reach out for her hand " Nara-"

But it was too late she was gone.

He reached down into his pocket fumbling with the little green box in his hands which he had planned to give her this morning during training, now, now he might never get the chance.

Hera placed his hand on his shoulder " I'm sorry"

Harvey hung his head " like you said, we have duty to the rebellion " he sighed "even if it means giving away our hearts" .

Hera visibility flinched as Harvey pushed her hand away leaving everyone in silence .

*******

Nara felt her stomach turn as she watched the view of Coruscant grow closer. The memories of her old life ran through her mind like a whirlwind, her brothers, her generals, her family , Hera , her old life had changed. She fiddled with the hem of her cloak taking comfort in the feeling of silk between her fingers.