The inquisitor

The atmosphere in the room was dark, the only light was the flickering of the holograms in the center of the room. Nara felt queasy as Ashoka explained the mission. The empire was after force sensitive children, but why. A part of her didn't want to know but another part of her wanted to save the little padawan she never could.

" what does the empire want with force sensitive children"? Harvey asked. Nara could feel the anger radiating off him in waves, It worried her.

she slowly reached out to grab his hand, lacing her finger between his in reassurance. It was something she used to do with her brothers when they were younger, it calmed them so she couldn't see why it wouldn't calm Him as well. She could feel the strain in his muscles as if he were holding back yet, he refused to clamp down on her hand in frustration. His small way of holding back.

" Back in the clone wars a Sith Lord attempted the same thing, the Jedi order was there to stop him but now...." Ashoka looked away in pain. Harvey also looked away with a gut Wrenching stare that made Nara feel a pain deep in her gut. She wanted nothing more in that moment than to take their pain away.

" There's no Jedi order left to protect them," Kanan sighed.

Ashoka nodded " that's why we need to protect them, where all they have left" she sighed.

" You can count on us commander you have my word" Nara spoke up. She could feel the eyes of her older brother captain killjoy,silently protesting with his stare.

" and I" Harvey stepped forward giving her hand a light squeeze.

" And us," Kanan added, pointing to Zeb and Ezra.

" why not sounds fun" Ezra added giving his signature smirk.

" ah why let the kid have all the action count me and spades in too" Fives grinned.

Spades face dropped.

" This isn't going to be like those fun missions you took us on, right General?" he asked nervously.

Harvey tried to hide his smirk" oh no this will be much better, way more intense for sure"

Spades gulped before smacking Fives in the back of the head " you kiffin idiot you never know when to shut it do you"

********

The streets smelt of saltwater and Mantle mix, an odd combination but she wasn't one to judge. The backwater planet they had landed on was apparently home to the inquisitor's next target, a young pantoran child. From what she had heard about these so-called inquisitors, was that they weren't afraid of a fight. They were also force sensitive, not in the way a Jedi would be but in a much darker and brutal way. She almost imagined Dooku when Harvey had spoken of the inquisitor kanan and he had faced on lothal. The memory wasn't pleasant. Another thing she knew was that the boy's parents had no choice but to live in this dump as a way to hide their child away from the watchful eyes of the empire. She couldn't blame them, the empire never did play fair when it came to the force wielders. Fives turned the corner and ushered everyone forward into a small shack. The entrance was a piece of tarp that hung on a piece of string.

How charming she thought.

Inside the room was quite expect for the hushed whispers of the two pantorans who spoke to kanan in their arms was a young boy Swaddled in a blue blanket. She felt sympathetic to the little boy who's life was suddenly turning upside down, oh how she could relate.

" Please take my child, and protect him," the woman cried.

Nara scrunched her nose in anger and looked away. Harvey noticed and put a hand on her shoulder before whispering into her ear. " we're doing the right thing, hang in there," he sighed.

Nara nodded, she still didn't like it though.

" alright here's the plan, spades Fives, you be our eyes and ears let us know if you spot any inquisitor or incoming imperials"

" You can count on us boss" Spades saluted, making Fives roll his eyes and drag him out of the tent.

" Harvey you go the back way cover our tracks"

Harvey nodded.

He leaned into Nara's ear " good luck"

And with that he snuck out of the tent.

" Ezra Zeb you're coming with me we need to be ready to create a distraction if this plan goes to hell" he sighed.

" what about me" raised a brow " I'm the only one left"

" Well you've got the important job, you are to take the kid with you, try to blend in, we don't want any unwanted attention, understand".

Nara nodded, before turning her attention to the boy's parents and reached out towards the sleeping boy who couldn't be much older than three.

" I'll take care of him, I promise"

Perhaps she could save this padawan

**********

The inquisitors' ship landed just outside of the small town, some backwater planet they could care less about. However the prize they seemed would be worth coming to this wretched dump. If they could capture the rebels their master would be pleased and perhaps they would be able to kill the Jedi master themselves, they could only hope. However they had to get the package first, a small pantoran male who exhibited force abilities. This young child could be a perfect asset for the empire, perhaps one day she would have another inquisitor to lead the hunt with.

" Master Dios" they hissed " I'm coming for the boy"