It takes two to trust

Authors note:  hope you enjoy this one has a little bit of fluff, since the last chapters were intense😊

" SON OF A-"

Kix quickly shoved his glove into Nara's mouth as he snapped her shoulder back into place. Spades quickly covered Ezra's ears as he frowned at the older clone.

" Nara there's a kid in the room watch you profanities"

A bunch of angry muffles came from Nara who one could assume was using every curse word in mando'a.

Kix gave a weary look to his captain who raised his brows.

" Did it work?" Rex asked with a look of sympathy on his face.

Kix gave another quick inspection before nodding " it's back in place, however I need her to take it easy for a while so that she heals". He looked sternly at Nara.

She sighed deeply before nodding her head in defeat. Satisfied he took the glove out of her mouth.

" Can I go see Harvey now?" she sighed.

Rex frowned hearing the broken tone in her voice. Everyone in the room seemed to have the same thought.

" Nara you need to heal" Rex protested.

" Rex it's been long enough, please" she sighed " he needs me"

He turned to Kix who looked back at his captain with a look of sorrow. He remembered how Rex and others had come back carrying an injured Harvey and Nara in their arms. Both had suffered that night. He knew that the sudden appearance of Hera had thrown a curve ball in both of their lives and he could only imagine the pain they both shared. Nara was right they needed each other in a time like this.

" He's in down the hall to the left" he sighed.

Nara's eyes seemed to light up as she gave a small squeeze on her brother's shoulder.

" thank you" she smirked before moving towards the door.

Kix looked at her wearily before whispering a small " your welcome" her way.

*********

Nara wandered the halls passing by different rebels who gave her looks of sympathy or caution. She shook them off and continued down her path. She needed to get to Harvey, that's what mattered .

" waaaaah"

Her body froze in its tracks as if she had hit an invisible wall. She looked around the empty hallway for the sound but found no one. She shook her head, brushing it off as a mind trick.

" waaaaaah"

No, not a mind trick.

At the very end of the hallway was a door, the sound echoing from behind its hinges. She slowly made her way to the entrance and cautiously. The door creaked as she opened it up to find the young boy who cried out in his bed. She frowned, feeling the fear behind those cries. She moved closer and made her way across the room. The little boy sensing her presence gave her a wide eyed look as he grabbed the blanket closer to his body.

" It's ok little one, I won't hurt you." she sighed, placing her hand out towards him.

He titled his head with curiosity, and frowned at her.

" I promise I won't bite," she smirked.

The little boy seemed to give a grin as he wiped a stray tear from his eye and gripped her hand with his tiny fingers.

Nara gave the boy a small smile, and found herself feeling a pit in her stomach. She used to do this when Hera had nightmares and needed comfort. She'd hold her hand until she'd stop shaking. It was something all her brothers had done for her.