Even in darkness there's hope

Harvey gripped Nara's hand as she stood on the edge of the ship's ramp. The wind swirled around then making it harder to stand still as the ship rocked back and forth. Although she wasn't quite sure if it was the wind that made him hold on so tight . Harveys eyes traced her face in concern. " be safe out there"

Nara's lips twisted in a small smile " you to"

Harvey gave a warm smile back making fight down the warm feeling in her chest as she shoved on her helmet. As they got closer to the walkers she let go of the ship, letting the wind swallow her up. She almost wished she saw Harvey's face as she heard him yell her name out in frustration as her feet left the ramp . She hadn't exactly told him how she planned on getting onto At-At .As soon as her feet hit the walkers' metal surface she took off running. In the back of her mind she braced herself for her older brother's wrath. She knew he might not be pleased they had turned back to save their sorry shabs, then again she never did listen to him. She could see the old man aka Rex up ahead on the front of the walker shouting at the imperial scum hidden behind their metal box on stilts. Their guns were fixed at her older brother's chest, ready for the kill. She wasn't going to let it happen, she wouldn't watch another brother die, not on her watch. She grabbed the closet item to her left which just so happened to be the shock pole they used for hunting. She weighed the pole in her hand feeling the cold metal against her palm. This would have to do.

She took off again making a beeline for the imperial walker. "not this time imperial scum".

Hearing her approaching footsteps against the metal roof Rex turned his head in shock.

" Nara" !

" this is for the 501st " she snarled as she launched the staff at the imperial walker with all her might. The shock staff went right through the windshield causing the machine to sway back from the sudden impact. She felt the small bliss of satisfaction as she noticed the sharp end of the staff had landed an inch away from Kallus' chest. She could almost make out the look of pure shock on his face, making her grin.

" I told you agent, we clones never back down from a fight" she mused.

************

Kallus was certain he had looked death in the eye. I mean he might have well as, as the dark figure before him, gripped his chin in their hands.

" Agent Kallus where are the Rebels" it hissed behind its mask of metal.

He choked back a scream of pain as it tightened its grip." That got away inquisitor, we were outnumbered".

This seemed to displease the shadowy figure as he heard a deep snarl leave its mask.

" What happened?" it growled.

Kallus hung his head

" they surprised with an attack from above their leader a mandalorian she-"

" mandalorian"?

If Kallus wasn't hyped on adrenaline he would have sworn he heard a hint of surprise in the figure's tone.

" Yes inquisitor their leader was a female mandalorian , to be honest we're lucky to be alive considering she threw a shock staff into the at-at windshield and killed one of my men, nearly missed me by an inch" he added.

The figure nodded " go on"

" they also had The ghost crew with the aid of Jedi master Harvey Dios"

" General Dios......" the figure tone of voice dripped with venom. "WHERE DID THEY GO"! They screamed, leaving a new bruise on Kallus' lower jaw.

" south" he gasped .

" bring them to me"!

***************

(Back at rebel base)

" That was incredibly reckless, what were you thinking? '' Rex exclaimed . " you could have died"

" So could you, I'm nothing special Rex" Nara sighed.

Rex looked like he was a few seconds away from a full on fit, the captain's face was growing increasingly red with frustration.

" Besides, I'm allowed to make my own decisions Rex" Nara argued.

" that wasn't your choice to make"! He growled.

" I have every right to protect my brothers, you can't stop me" she hissed. " besides I never asked you to sacrifice yourself"

The bickering of the two siblings was beginning to catch the attention of passing rebel officers as the ghost crew and other members smiled back at them with embarrassment. Harvey especially.

" the rebel alliance needed you we were giving you the chance-"

" I needed you"! She yelled, her teeth clenched " did you ever consider the fact that you are the only family I have left"!

Rex froze in place, his jaw shutting close.

Fives turned to Harvey " is it just me or do you hear his blood pressure rising" he whispered into Harvey's ear.

" You too huh?" Harvey smirked. Fives grinned back in amusement.

" Look Nara" Rex sighed " I'm sorry I thought I was doing what was best".

Nara's shoulders relaxed as she deeply sighed " I know, but you don't have to look out for me" she placed a hand on his shoulder.

" You're my little sister, it's my job" Rex sighed.

Nara rolled her eyes and pulled her brother in for a hug.

" That was it no fist fight, no death by laser sword" Jex exclaimed.

Harvey bit his lip trying to hold back his laughter.

As Rex and Nara pulled away from each other he watched as she quickly balled her fist and nailed her older brother in the chest before looking him dead in the eye.

" next time though, if you shove me into a ship like that again and uses Harvey against me there will be no place where you can hide were I won't find you and show you my wrath, got it"

Rex nodded in shock " yes mam"

" good" she sighed by patting him on the shoulder.

"Yah there it is I knew she wouldn't let me down" Jex exclaimed making everyone snicker.

" she does have a way of getting her point across"

Rex's eyes widened as the rest of the men smiled in exhilaration. There in the doorway stood Ashoka with the biggest smile on her lips as she leaned against the door frame.

" Commander"?

" Rex" Ashoka smiled brightly. She ran over to the captain and embraced him in a hug, almost taking Rex off his feet.

" I'm glad you're alive," she sighed.

" Likewise sir" Rex smiled.

Ashoka pulled away first and turned to the group. " as much as I love a reunion I have a job for you all, and it's important "