The shadow of a new threat

The room was silent except for the buzzing sounds of the at -at internal systems.Nara hadn't moved her gaze from the empty screen we're Kallus once was. Harvey had only ever seen that anger once and he was glad he wasn't on the receiving end of it this time.

" Nara, have you lost your goddamn mind?" Rex snarled.

He was also glad he wasn't on the receiving end that furry either.

Nara glanced over at Rex with a look of spite " unlike you captain I'm not afraid of finishing a fight" she hissed.

Harvey's eyes widened as did her brothers, she never called Rex captain unless she used his rank in spite, aka all hell was about to break loose.

Rex steel gaze bore down on her " that's Rex to you" he snarled " and you had no right interfering"

" your my family I'm not losing you again" she yelled " if that means taking on an imperial peasant than so be it"

Rex scrunched his nose in frustration " gosh why do you have to be so stubborn"

" Hmm I blame it on genetics," she shrugged.

Rex rolled his eyes and made his way towards the door " well as long as you have that attitude might as well make yourself useful" he tossed her one of his dc-17 blasters towards her.

Nara caught it in her hands, running her fingers along the rough edge and chips of blue paint.

" You're gonna need that" he mused.

Fives eyes widdend as he walked into the conversation " you sure you wanna give that to her right now when her murder mode is on".

Harvey snorted. " there's a mode"

" Yes, lucky for you you haven't flipped all of my switches" Nara smirked making her way to the door.

" is that a challenge" Harvey mused.

Nara simply rolled her eyes " don't push it"

Harvey smirked as she walked through the door and out onto the balcony.

" I'll let you play with my buttons general" Fives mocked as he wiggled his brows. Everyone in the room smirked or rolled their eyes.

Harvey cheeks darkened in embarrassment " oh whatever, go get ready"

***********

" Absolutely not! Sabine get the ship ready, ''Kanan yelled. Sabine nodded as she jumped into the phantom.

" Kanan the empire is on their way, we need to stay and help Rex and his brothers" Ezra protested.

" I agree" Harvey interjected "I don't like this option"

"we have to leave" kanan argued " besides they can handle themselves"

Ezra protested." but kanan-"

" your leaving, why are you leaving" Nara climbed up onto the ramp, a look of anger on her face.

" we can't stay"

" why not"

" because" kanan yelled "if the empire gets us they'll try to get vital information out of us, besides your brothers are more than capable of looking after themselves. I should know."

" oh that's right I forgot you were General jackass of the 301st battalion" Nara sighed.

Kanan glared " we don't have a choice, we're leaving like it or not"

" he's right Nara"

She was suddenly startled by her older brother's voice.

" Rex"?