Props

"So, Nationals are what...like, next week?" Sebastian asked. Blaire had agreed to get coffee with him and they were sat in the Lima Bean.

"Yeah." Blaire replied with a smile." I still don't know what our set list is. We have a tendency to choose a set list and then change it last minute."

"Oh wow. You guys can perform that good without barely any practise?" Sebastian said.

"I've been dancing since I was like two so I can pick all of the choreography up quickly." Blaire explained as she sipped on her latte.

"No way, me too." Sebastian said. Blaire smiled.

"So, you're like eighteen, right?" Blaire asked. Sebastian gave a nod." How come you were held back a year?"

"Because I spent two years in Paris with my parents so the school decided to hold me back a year to catch up with everything." Sebastian explained.

"Oh." Blaire said. Sebastian chuckled and they sipped their drinks quietly.

-
"Nationals." Mr Schue said as he wrote it on the board in glee club later on. Everyone cheered." Okay, song selection: we'll be kicking off our Vintage theme with the legendary Jim Steinman's Paradise By The Dashboard Light. Rachel will do the solo It's All Com-

"...Coming Back To Me Now!" Rachel interrupted excitedly. Blaire rolled her eyes. Next year was going to be her year." One of Celine Dions most powerful ballads, inspired by Wuthering Heights."

"And we'll be working in a new Trouble Tones number, utilising the talents of our featured performer, Porcelina Hummel." Sue said.

"Not gonna happen, Dragon Lady." Kurt said. Blaire giggled.

"Oh you'll do as you're told he/she." Sue said. Blaire stared at her in confusion." We will be performing What A Feeling from Flashdance, and I am familiar with the choreography, of course, because I was Jennifer Beals dance double. And on that note, please look under your seats."

"Space helmets." Brittany whispered as they all pulled a box out from under their chairs.

"Welding helmets and leg warmers?" Finn asked.

"Best way to get props is to use props." Sue said.

"I am your father." Sam said as he wore the helmet on his head. Blaire and Ash chuckled. Sam lifted it up." Uh, Darth Vader."

"Is that a movie?" Joe asked.

"You've never seen Star Wars!" Ash gasped.

"A healthy dose of props, and our plucky transsexual porcelina, and you are over the top." Sue said.

"Aren't props a little cheesy?" Blaine asked.

"Guys, I've asked for sues help because she's a winner, and I'm not ashamed to admit this—— I want to win." Mr Schue explained." But there's not one person in that audience who will think we're anything but underdogs who would be lucky to place at Nationals. We didn't even make the top ten last year. We've got one last week to come together and shake things up. If there's anyone here who's not up for trying and working their butts off, you should just get up right now and leave."

"Whoa whoa, Tina, where you going?" Finn asked as Tina stood up.

"You guys don't need me——carry on!" She said.

"Tina, you don't understand. I need this." Rachel said. Blaire rolled her eyes yet again.

"Because you blew an audition?" Tina snapped." That's not a reason for you to get a solo at Nationals! Maybe the rest of us would like one too!"