The Sue Sylvester Shuffle

It was a new year and a new semester at McKinley High. Blaire's winter break had been eventful. Blaine was fully recovered on Christmas morning and they'd seen their grandparents. They'd also gotten a present from their dad, like they did every year. Cooper had visited and spent New Year's Eve with them, meaning Blaire had had to listen to her brothers arguing. She'd also become closer to Ash. They texted throughout the day and spoke on the phone every night. Blaire wore them necklace he'd got her religiously.

"I mean. We do see our dad." Blaire explained to Ash that day at school." But like twice a year. Well, it's actually started to become once a month recently. So we have to prepare for our monthly visit to see our dad. We don't know him well. It's weird."

"Sounds it." Ash said.

"Oh hey, I got you a belated Christmas present." Blaire said, reaching into her bag.

"Oh you didn't have too." Ash said.

"I felt bad that you got me one and I didn't get you one." Blaire explained, pulling out a neatly wrapped gift from the bag." It's not as good as a necklace, but I hope you like it."

Ash unwrapped it and inside were a Florence and the Machine album, a Marina and the diamonds album and a panic! At the disco album.

"You didn't have too." He said with a wide smile." I love it. Thank you!"

"No problem." Blaire said as Ash hugged her.

-

"I'm bored!" Sue said into the megaphone as the Cheerios finished an intense routine filled with people playing with fire, BMX tricks and dancing. Blaire was stood in the final position with Quinn, Santana and Brittany." Ladies, I am at a loss. Brittany please remind me of how I single handedly put cheerleading on the map."

"In 1979, you directed a made-for-TV movie about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders called The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders." Brittany replied.

"That is correct." Sue said. Blaire sighed. She hated how itchy the blue wig she was wearing was." And in the mean time, what's changed?"

"Personal grooming habits?" Quinn replied.

"What's changed is I have completely lost interest." Sue corrected." And ladies. I blame you. Becky, More silicone falsies!"

"Got it coach!" Becky Jackson said.

"You will each enhance your bust with an additional pair of chicken cutlets in an attempt to add some jiggle to what is the most boring routine I have ever witnessed." Sue explained. Blaire stared at what Becky had handed her. She really didn't want to wear that.

"But, coach Sylvester, this is the most elaborate routine the Cheerios have ever done." Blaire said, Quinn nodding in agreement.

"We're shoo-ins at regionals next week, and we're the favorite to win at nationals." Quinn added.

"And yet I am still so very bored." Sue sighed." Even things I used to think were hilarious...case in point. Sandbags, slap yourself with a chicken cutlet."

Santana sighed and did as she was told, slapping herself in the face with the chicken cutlet.

"Now slap Brittany." Sue instructed so she did. "See? Not even a chuckle."

"The problem is you keep trying to make a bigger and bigger spectacle." Quinn said." No matter how hard we try, you can't make a routine work unless you find a way to make it interesting to you. You have to find a way to top yourself."

"Q, you may just have a point." Sue said." But to be sure, slap yourself and then Blaire with a chicken cutlet."

Quinn did as she was instructed. She hit herself with the chicken cutlet and then she slapped Blaire with it, who frowned.