chapter 4

I don't know when I passed out from the pain. I'm glad I did. My eyes open and I can tell it’s early. Way too early for anyone to be up to hurt me.

I quietly get dressed wincing and whimpering as the clothes hit my skin. Everything is sensitive to the touch. Everything hurts. I walk to school and go into the locker room. It’s never locked and I need a shower. I turn the water on in the showers. This is the only way I get showers someone always leaves soap or something I can use in here. Not that they know I am.

I cry out as the water hits my back cleaning out the gashes on it. I sit and curl up letting the water run over me. I can tell that the silver is almost out of my system. I grab my razor blade I stole awhile ago and cut my arms up, hissing as I do. It triggers the healing response and slowly I start to heal. I lean my head back and sigh. I wish this would stop. I hate my life.

After I finished my shower I sneak into the kitchen in the school. I don't remember the last time I’ve eaten so I’m going to steal food. It is the only way I can eat. If I don’t steal food I won’t eat. I am already malnourished.  I'm eating a chicken salad I found when I hear footsteps behind me. I freeze. I don’t know who is behind me and I’m shaking in fear.

"Milo?" Slade asked tapping my shoulder.

I let out my breath I was holding and tried to stop shaking. I looked down to see if he could see any of the marks on me. I didn't want to lie if he saw. I sighed when I noticed you couldn't.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you. What are you doing here so early?" He looked at me confused.

"I couldn't sleep so I can here to run and I got hungry" I shrugged like it's no big deal.

 Although I’m praying he won't say anything to anyone.  I hate lying but he can’t know.

"Ok well let's go to my class till school starts. I want to know more about you." He patted my back and I about fell over in pain.

 Horrified at what he said. He can't know anything about me. While we are waking to the class he keeps looking at me weirdly. I guess I’m not hiding the pain very well. Once in his class he sat down and looked in my eyes concerned.

"Milo who is hurting you?"