28: Distance

Breakfast was filled with laughter. Strange isn't it to have both my parents, home for once.

No one has asked why I'm home yet so I'm guessing they're not worried.

"(Amelia) It feels strange to have you guys at home."

"(Mother) It's been like this for a while now. It's strange having you around."

"(Amelia) Yeah, I know it feels strange being home for once."

"(Father) Everything okay between you and Zac?"

"(Amelia) Yeah, no everything's fine, why you asking?"

"(Father) It's strange to have you around since you live there."

"(Amelia) Yeah, I know. He had me dropped off because he's out with some friends and Ryland wasn't home either. So, he didn't want me to be unsafe that's all."

"(Mother) Well doesn't matter anyway. It's nice having you home for once."

"(Amelia) I'm glad to be home for once."

I've been waiting all morning for Zac but he hasn't showed up. I got tired and decided to go and sleep for a short while.

I woke up when I felt his arms around me.

"(Amelia) Who let you in?"

"(Zac) Your parents. They told me to tell you they went to town."

"(Amelia) Okay. You feeling better?"

"(Zac) A little yes. I'll explain everything once I make sense of it."

"(Amelia) Whatever doesn't bother me anymore."

"(Zac) You ready to go home?"

"(Amelia) You sure you want to take me home?"

"(Zac) What's that supposed to mean?"

"(Amelia) I don't want to be there for a few hours just to come back."

"(Zac) Look I'm sorry about last night I just needed some time that's all. By the way you looked so good last night. (whispers) So edible."

"(Amelia) Could you stop doing that."

"(Zac) Why are you blushing?"

"(Amelia) I'm not."

"(Zac) Looks like you're blushing."

"(Amelia) Whatever."

"(Zac) Like what you got on but I think..."

"(Amelia) Stop that sentence right there. I'm going to make coffee want some?"

"(Zac) Would be nice."

So, I went downstairs. And I put the kettle on. When I turned around, I saw him shirtless in his sweats.

Ah damn you how am, I supposed to control myself?

"(Zac) Like what you see?"

"(Amelia) No comment."

"(Zac) We both know that, I'm right."

"(Amelia) Whatever."

I wasn't going to admit that he was right. He walked around the counter picked me up and carried me up the stairs. My skirt moved up exposing everything.

When we got to my room, he closed the door and put me down on the bed.

"(Zac) You're going to have to pay up."

"(Amelia) What for?"

"(Zac) For not admitting I was right and you were wrong."

"(Amelia) And if I refuse."