41 | Battle Scars

"Is he going to be alright?"

Hera sat up on the bed, and looked at Doctor Chanyeol, who had just entered the room. He lifted his head and gave her a small smile. "Thanks to you, Taehyung is going to be just fine," Chanyeol replied. "Are you feeling alright? Any sign of dizziness? You donated blood, so you can tell me if you want something."

"I'm fine," Hera replied even though she was feeling a little bit dizzy, but it wasn't important now. Taehyung mattered. She was scared for him. "How's Taehyung?"

Chanyeol sighed, and scanned the reports he had in his hands before sitting on the couch. "It wasn't a normal attack. You and I both know that. It was a fatal one," he said.

"An organization?" she asked, and he nodded. "How could someone be brave to attack a Sal-inja member? Let alone Capo's right hand," she exclaimed, frustrated.

"It's funny though," Chanyeol cleared his throat. "If they had wanted to kill Taehyung, they could have used a weapon to finish him, but they used to beat him up, and it's quite strange."

"They were about to shoot him when I reached there," Hera shuddered. "I was on the phone with him when he screamed at once. I was in the washroom, about to scold him for following Baekhyun's order. I didn't want to go back home. I wanted to stay with Soyeon."

"You traced his location?" Chanyeol asked, impressed. "Taehyung is lucky to have a family like you. I respect you immensely queen Sal-inja."

"I'm just glad he's okay," she mumbled, and climbed down the bed. "Can I see him?" she asked, but Chanyeol shook his head.

"He might be out of threat, but he's barely hanging there. We're lucky he didn't get any internal bleeding," the doctor said. "The way his head was bleeding, I was scared that it might be a cerebral hemorrhage case."

"He was hit by a baseball bat," Hera bit her lip. "I ordered a group of men to search for the people behind the attack. I'm gonna kill them in a bloody massacre," her eyes turned cold.