24 | Hard For Me

I woke up.

Where was I? I looked around. It didn't look like I was at my house. And what was I doing here? Last thing I remembered was... yelling at my brother for not helping me with Joy.

"Good morning sleepyhead."

I sat up to see Jennie in the passenger seat with Kai in the driver's seat. She grinned. "We're going to get your baby girl. I don't like her but then again you looked so sad for her."

I blinked. What? I looked out of the window and saw that we were on our way to Incheon. "Shit!" I hissed, and frantically looked for my wristwatch. It was nearly 8.00am. "What the fuck Jen?"

"Language. Baby brother," Jennie rolled her eyes. "And we're here," the smile was back on her face as she unbuckled her seat belt and climbed down the car.

I turned to look at Kai, and he shrugged. "Your cousin is pursuing."

"Yeah," I clenched my jaw in annoyance, and climbed down the car. Kai followed us to the small house as I absorbed the surrounding. It looked too ordinary to keep Joy here, and there wasn't enough security here. What the hell was Hera thinking?

I knocked on the door and an old woman opened it. "Umm?" She looked confused, but then relaxed when she saw Kai. "Boy, are you here to see young miss?" she asked kindly.

"Yes," I answered, instead.

Her eyes moved to me and then she stepped aside to let us in. "Do you need water, Tea or coffee?"

"Where's Joy?" I asked. Kai gave me a disapproving look but I could care less. It had been months since I last saw her, and it was making me crazy. I needed to see her. Hear her. Hug her. Kiss her. I needed to breathe her.

"Who is here?" I could hear her soft voice from the nearby room. My heart raced in my chest when the door of her room opened, instantly. She cowered slightly as she saw us standing there.

She was in deep trouble. She left me there alone. I could actually see life escape through her as her eyes met mine. I was here. The person she had a hate like relationship was here.

"Young miss, Mr Kai accompanied them, so I thought you knew these people," The old lady said.