Touch Of Darkness

Dear readers,
I know nothing can top this book. I loved writing 'Paint It Red' as much as you enjoyed reading it. I'm so baffled and surprised by the way this book turned out to be. I tried writing another mafia story 'Illicit Affairs', and completed it, but still there was a part of me which wasn't satisfied.

I want to enter the exciting phase I was in when writing 'Paint It Red', and after almost two years, I'm feeling that thrill again. That mafia vibe. Please, if possible, give 'Touch of Darkness' the same love you gave to this book. It's a new mafia story by me. I promise to not disappoint you guys.

You can find it on my profile. Leave comments on the chapters if you like the story. They make my day, and I'm always looking forward to reading your thoughts. Thank you!

______________________

Prologue

Taehyung stopped by the door.

Soobin, one step behind him stood tall, waiting for the Capo Sal-inja to to enter the conference hall. Every Capo of the north was inside the space, he could feel the tension between the men from the outside world. The organization was in a chaos because of an unexpected disaster they had experienced in the past week.

"Don't you look presentable, brother."

Taehyung glanced at his side, his lips twitched. The boss, his cousin, DO Kyungsoo was there, his guards around him like a second skin. "I had to attend a business on my way here." The younger shrugged, thick blood rolled down her neck. His already soaked white shirt glistened under the lights.

Kyungsoo walked to him. "Where's that enforcer of yours?" He looked at the door and then back at him. "Hoseok should do the work when I ask you to the meeting, Capo."

Taehyung didn't make any excuses, and Kyungsoo shook his head. The answer was there. Hoseok was doing the work well, but his cousin had to take part in the blood bath to satisfy his lust. Blood Lust. Only his Underboss, Soobin was here, so the boss already figured that Taehyung's consiglere was out there hunting others with the captains too. The people because of whom they were here. At the meeting.

"I should have known better than to team up you two crazy psychopaths to rule my city," Kyungsoo said, "Ask consiglere, Baekhyun to include me in the drama too. I want to enjoy myself."

Taehyung nodded. "Of course." They entered the room and every other Capo, their Underboss, consiglere stood up in respect. Past few days had been a disaster. Their packages were stolen on the way. Some of their men disappeared anonymously.

A rat. One of their Capo's wife was taken under custody, questioning her about her husband's activities. The officer, Mr Park, in question was a fucker, as Baekhyun had said, and was involved with other organization, that is Outfit (South side Mob). Hence, he worked against Sal-inja clan (North side Mob).

Then one of their capos decided to join the other side of the famiglia. Mujabihan Capo broke the oath and went to the other side of the sea. To the outfit.

The web of betrayals was untangled then.

"It had been going for a while apparently. The outfit had been trying to get Busan, and somehow they convinced Capo Mujabihan to give in." One of the informers started.

Kyungsoo tilted his head. "How are they going to get through this union?"

"The classic way."

"Marrying his daughter to one of the outfit bastards." Taehyung sighed. So typical. "As far as I know all the Capo from that organization are over 40."

"Isn't his daughter like 20-21?" Another Capo frowned. "Again, it must have not mattered."

When had it ever? Soobin thought. Most of the men at the table were married but were involved with much younger women, the ones who couldn't pay back to the clan. Instead of working, these women chose to involve themselves in the business of famiglia clubs. By selling their bodies. Willingly.

"The motherfucker is a genius. He always kept his daughter's identity secret in the name of protection." Another one chirped. "No one knows what she looks like."

Kyungsoo pinched the bridge of his nose. Cosa Nostra was betrayed. By one of them. This was a thing. You won't be able to escape the wrath after walking out of the organization. Unfortunately Mujabihan Capo forgot it and decided to go with the plan. He couldn't be forgiven. Mujabihan could be with Outfit organization now, and they might have a lot of protection, but the war was going to happen. One way or another.

"We only know her name. It's Hyeran." Taehyung said, and took out his buzzing phone out of his pocket. It was Baekhyun. He placed it on the speaker, and said, "Consiglere" in the greeting.

"I got a bait," Baekhyun said, and everyone straightened up in their seats. "Tonight, the meeting between the girl and one of the outfits Capo is happening."

"Get the details," Kyungsoo twirled the pen in between his hands. "Taehyung will be attending the meeting instead of the Capo. Arrange it."

Baekhyun was silent for a moment. "Hyeran will recognize him. We don't know her, but she-"

"Her father is a bank manager according to her. She has no idea about the mob." Kyungsoo stared at Taehyung. "We're going to drag her in the mess, just like they dragged Kevin's wife last week."

"It's not honourable to keep her here. It'll ruin her honour." Soobin interrupted, unable to stop himself. His heart beat loudly in his chest. If the kidnapping got successful and they brought her here, everyone would want to take her father's revenge from her. They would try to get their hands on an innocent girl.

Everyone gave the Underboss a sharp look. Taehyung exchanged a glance with Kyungsoo and whatever he saw in the latter's eyes made him sigh. "I'll marry her. This Hyeran girl." He was 27. Not much older than her. It could work.

The room fell silent. Disappointment was visible in some of their eyes. They had planned to take advantage of the young girl, but of course, the boss had to ruin it. Taehyung smirked internally. He was not a good man, but he would die before letting anyone taint their image. Sal-inja clan won't advocate the selling of the girls. Never. Kyungsoo gave him a nod.

"It's done then." Kyungsoo announced.

"Another news." Baekhyun's voice grew tight. "Apparently the officer is proceeding to drag the case further. Our another territory would be lost to the outfit if the Capo's wife uttered anything. We have to bail her out. Soon."

Taehyung grumbled under his breath. "Fuck."

"The officer, Mr Park, has a daughter too. She's at Busan University now," Baekhyun continued, letting the unsaid suggestion hang in the air. "Park Sooyoung. Also 21."

"Are we going to kidnap this girl too?" Soobin muttered.

"She'll only be here until the officer give up," Kyungsoo said, "Find her. She must be under protection."

"The bastard is serious about keeping his family private, so it would take time." Baekhyun sighed. "No wonder he's friends with Capo Mujabihan. Both are shady as fuck."

"And rats." Taehyung shook his head. "I'll be meeting you after this. Goodbye." He hung up the call. The meeting was concluded soon afterwards. Only Kyungsoo and Taehyung remained there. "I thought I was going to marry for love."

Kyungsoo smirked. "Your sarcasm is getting old, my brother. Go out there and get this girl. We're having a wedding this week." He looked up at the ceiling, darkness covering his features. "I'll be cutting the rat into a million of pieces as I send him the wedding video."

Taehyung tapped his knee. His mind went to the revenge and how sweet it would taste. Baekhyun, his best friend, would be with him. They would rule the city together. Mujabihan princess would be here. Under their power. The officer's little princess would be at their mercy. Everything would go their way. He smirked.

"Can't wait for it to happen."