38 | Spring Day

Baekhyun blinked.

"Do you?" he asked, face blank as his one hand tightened its grip on the door handle and the other curled into a fist.

"You don't?" Hera asked, her voice just above whispering.

"I take it you're interested in me?" he asked.

Her cheeks flushed at his not-so-subtle words. "I am," she replied, not missing a beat, her lips lifting in an amused smile.

And in that second, they were thinking the same thing. He wanted to back her into the wall and kiss her senseless, and from the way her lips parted and a soft breath of air expelled from her lips, she felt the same. The chemistry between them was still strong.

She drew a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Don't you feel anything?" her voice was small. He bit his lip as he strolled to her, and she held her breath when he stood in front of her. "Baekhyun?" she gulped.

He lifted his hand as his fingers gently hovered over her cheeks. "You don't know what you're asking for."

"I do."

"I can't love you," he whispered.

"You can," she held his hand and kissed his skin as he inhaled sharply. "You just have to trust-"

Baekhyun at once stepped back, making her hand fall on her side. "Breakfast. We should go downstairs, everyone must be waiting for us. We need to leave for Seoul too," he avoided her eyes, and walked out of the room.

Hera let out a sigh, and followed him downstairs. Baby steps. She needed to remind herself to take baby steps with him. He won't trust her that easily.

Going downstairs, she heard a giggle, and lifted her head up to see Soobin and Ryujin playing around the dining table. She stood beside Baekhyun, who was staring at the scene as well. Turning her head, she smiled when she saw her brother smiling and laughing with his wife.

"Ya! Don't you dare use your height," Ryujin giggled as she dashed towards the end of the table.

Soobin took a few long steps, and lifted her up in his arms, and she laughed. "You thought you'll get away?" he kissed her cheek.