6 | Game Of Survival

Hera

I went back to the party after finishing my business in the washroom and saw Joy dancing with Taehyung. I could see them arguing, and almost walked there to save my sister when someone placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Your sister is giving my brother chase. He's thriving in it," Ryujin offered me a glass of wine and I opened my mouth to cut the chit chat, but she cut me off again. "Look at him, he's intrigued to play with her," she pushed her chin in their direction and my head snapped to look at them.

Joy and Taehyung argued for a few seconds and then she walked away, but he didn't look pissed. He actually looked happy to get a rise out of her. There was a hunt in his eyes and when he turned his head in my direction, I almost stepped back. There was something about the younger Kim that scared me more than the older one.

Baekhyun was cold, but Taehyung was deadly.

"I don't want either of you as my sister in law," Ryujin muttered beside me, and I rolled my eyes.

As if I wanted to. "What made you say that? Your brother is marrying Tzuyu. That's it," I bit out.

She chuckled, shaking her head. "And your brother was going on and on about humanity," she sighed dramatically. "And here you're ready to throw your darling Tzuyu in the den of wolves if it means your sister is safe," her words felt like a slap on my face.

I looked away. "Tzuyu... she is my friend too."

"Guilt. You're so guilty to look at her that you haven't even talked to her since her marriage announcement," Ryujin said, scanning her perfectly manicured nails. "Humanity is not something we have darling. Even you are ready to throw someone else, who is not your blood, under the bus to save your family."

I swallowed hard. "I never pretended to be an innocent girl."

"Yes. You have not," her eyes were sharp, and I wondered how could this young girl possibly scare me? I tried to avoid her gaze as she smirked. "But you can't deny that you have not given that kind of impression."

"What do you mean?"

"You thrive in the power Hera darling," she leaned so close that I had to move back. "You thrive in people's misery, the blood, the power to hold something special in your hands, the way you can do what no one else can. You're no different from us."