27 | Done For Me

Park Joy arranged her recently colored blonde hair into a hasty up-do, trying to keep from crying

Park Joy arranged her recently colored blonde hair into a hasty up-do, trying to keep from crying. She had been on the verge of tears since about five minutes after she woke up this morning—when she remembered what today was.

Taehyung and Tzuyu's wedding day.

And dare she say, she felt immense fear for the girl. Nobody deserves a monster like Taehyung, and Tzuyu certainly didn't. She was a kind soul who was lost in the game of power, and the worst thing was that Joy couldn't do anything. She couldn't help her.

A part of her was relieved that she wasn't marrying Taehyung. The stupid boy thought she was in love with him or something, and brought her here to make her watch him wed someone else. He thought it would be a punishment for her to see him with someone else, but he didn't know that Joy was actually glad that he was getting out of her life.

Joy didn't want anything to do with Taehyung.

She had changed into her maid of honor dress, a lavender sheath, and tried her best to apply fancy makeup. They all have to arrive at the backyard (venue for the wedding), and she was already getting kind of a late start.

"Are you ready to go?"

She looked up to see Hera standing by the door. "I just came back from Tzuyu's room. She's ready for it, so I came here to check up on you."

"I'm ready," Joy replied in a hoarse voice.

"Joy, are you okay?" Her eyes furrowed as she studied her startled behavior. "Is there something that I should know?"

"Nope," Joy put on her earrings.

"You aren't mad at me for sending you away. I mean you are acting-"

"I know everything you do is for our own good. That's that," she shrugged, and Hera looked surprised when Joy came to give her a tight hug. "I'm sorry for everything I have said."

"It's okay," Hera pulled her back to stare at her. "You're being so understanding. Is everything alright."

"It's going to be alright," Joy smiled, and walked out of the room with her older sister.

Because Taehyung is getting out of my life.

On the other side, Choi Tzuyu locked eyes with herself in the mirror, and saw the tears shining there. "I can't do this," she shook her head.

"Stop it," Yeri came behind her. "You can't cry now. You need to run."

"No. I always knew this was coming, and have accepted it. I can't run, Yeri. This day will turn into a Bloodbath if I-"

Yeri turned her around harshly, and made the girl look at her. "Listen to me, you don't owe anyone here anything. You're just 18 Tzuyu, just like me and Joy, and you have a beautiful life ahead. You can't ruin it by marrying Taehyung. He doesn't love you. And neither do you."