37 | It's Complicated

"What are you trying to do?"

Joy looked at Taehyung startled when he walked past her side hurriedly and opened the door for her. She narrowed her eyes, but did not ask further as she walked out of the room.

"Can't I open the door for you?" he muttered, and grabbed her hand in his as he guided her downstairs. "It's the first snow today."

"Yup. I saw it," Joy smiled to herself as she ran a hand down her face.

He glanced at her and then down to her shoes. Shaking his head, he let go of her hand, and crouched down to tie her laces. "You were going to trip. Don't you know how to tie a lace?" he looked up at her, and noticed how her eyes were wide open.

"I didn't notice," she mumbled, embarrassed and he bit his lip before standing up, and turned away. Glancing down to his hand, she reached out first, and held it in hers.

Taehyung smiled to himself, and pulled her close as they walked downstairs. "I have a surprise for you," he said as soon as they reached the last step.

Joy raised her brows. "Surprise?"

He looked unsure of himself as he nodded, and turned towards the door. "Yoongi!" he called out for his bodyguard.

Min Yoongi walked out of the room with a small basket in his hand. It had a puppy. A cute little angel, and Joy squealed as she went to take the basket from him. Her heart fluttered when the puppy barked, and startled her. She loved dogs.

"Here, let me," Taehyung gently took the puppy in his arms, and showed him to Joy. "Yeontan, say hi to mom," he smiled softly, and glanced at Joy.