"Well, what hurt me the most wasn't you leaving...it was not knowing why you were leaving." I said to him and he sighed. 

"You know...I was part of the contract Phil made. I signed back in 2012 cause, in that moment, I thought that would help you. But when we started to become closer again, I realized that losing people wouldn't help you, it would fuck your head. Of course, when I found that out, it was too late to take a step back." I nodded slowly and he cleared his throat. "I signed a stupid paper that said we had to leave you alone if you ever relapsed with drugs or alcohol...and I...my brothers and I tried to change it once we heard Sober but...Phil told us he would kick us out if we talked to you again. You also...I didn't even know of your relapse for you, I knew it when that song came out and we...weren't friends anymore so...everything was more difficult." 

"You would've known about it if we didn't fight like we did the last time we talked. But you obviously were too proud to talk to me before I overdosed." He titled his head with a sigh.

"It wasn't the same for me. I'm sorry I didn't talk to you again, you didn't neither...I couldn't talk to you again cause our last fight really...hurt me." I chuckled and shook my head slowly. 

"You know that hurt me too." He glanced briefly at me but then turned his gaze to the floor. 

"I don't think that hurt you half as it hurt me because we were in...different situations." He said quietly and I got angry at him, suddenly.

"Oh really?" I asked him with anger. "Then fucking tell me what was the stupid difference between us cause I swear to God I just can't understand how it's possible that you were more hurt than me, just fucking tell me about-" 

"I was in love with you! Fuck, I really was in love with you, you hurt me with your words because I was head over heels for you. You get it know? I was fucking in love with you!" He yelled back at me and my jaw dropped slightly. He sighed loudly and I knew I made him get to his limit. 

"Okay, guys. You're doing good. We've been here for an hour already so if you're still free today, I can cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day and we can continue." I nodded. 

"Umm, yes, whatever. I'm free too." He stood up without looking at me. "I need some air, please." 

"Sure, I'll give you ten minutes to rest while I cancel my appointments." I sighed and Nick walked out of the room leaving me speechless. 

"I'll go to the rooftop." I told Brenda and she smiled to me before I left the room. 

I really needed air too. I wasn't expecting him to say exactly those words. It was crazy coming from someone like...well, maybe the new Nick is used to that kind of stuff. The Nick I knew, would've never done that. 

I walked to the rooftop and breathed deeply. It was too much to handle but we also, couldn't back down now. I heard the door opening and saw my doctor with a glass of water.

"Here." She gave me the water and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said and she frowned at me.

"I had no idea there was that much between the both of you...of course I googled you both and saw he was your best friend but...that was a lot." I nodded bitting my lip and she caressed my arm. "Anyways, you still have some minutes. I'll be waiting for you inside."