Few years later.

{Ashton}

It's been two years, 5 months and a week since my mum was killed. Jane has been out of the hospital for a full 5 months now. She had to keep going back to get checked out.

Belle left six months after it happened because I lashed out at her and made her run out of the house. Oops.

Dad got a lady to come in and take care of us. Her name is Sandy and I don't like her. She tricked my father into giving us to her "wonderful, fun and friendly" group home. We've been living here for just over a year. I don't understand why Jane doesn't run away. She's 17 and pretty. She'd have no problem finding someone and getting married so Sandy has no control over us.

Sandy turned my dad into a monster. He started drinking and smoking and I'm pretty sure he gets high with her. I've barely seen my father because she never let's us see him. I don't want to because he abandoned us.

There's 3 other girls, and one boy. The boy is my half-sibling, but I don't talk to him. He's 2 so he's not even really my brother. Sandy got knocked up and claimed it was dad's. I heard her and another man once while dad was gone. There's Marianna, a bubbly 13 year old who always tries to look on the brighter side of things. She's Sandy's kid. And then there's the twins, Emily and Jordan. They're like 8 or 9, I barely get to see them because Sandy said that I'm a horrible person who will steal their toys and burn them right in front of their faces. So they stay away from me.

Sandy put Jane and I in the smallest room. We share the single bed, the small dresser and closet. Many times, we've asked to get moved into the bigger room with Marianna and the twins can have they're own room. She beat me with a wooden spoon till I bled. I tried to tell my father but he just pushed me away.

In one month, I'll be 16. My curfew will be set to 7:00pm so I can meet the neighbor in the park later. His name is Jack. We're lowkey dating, and he's never allowed to come over the hill that's behind our house because Sandy put up cameras so she can see when I sneak out. It's because she caught me with a blunt in my hand and Jack's hand under my shirt. I was grounded and forbidden to see Jack again. I snuck out once, and I bumped into a girl.

We landed with her on top of me. Before I knew it, she was kissing me. I liked it. I brought her into the house, because I knew Sandy was to drunk to notice. We went upstairs and climbed into the roof of the loft. We talked, laugh, cried and made out. Marie was my whole life. We met many times and we even did it after 4 months. I pulled some strings and got her in the house to stay. She had a room in the basement so it was easy to slip off. Marie turned 19 and Sandy kicked her out.

From the time that I tripped into her, I knew I liked girls. But something about Jack just drove me crazy.

I decided to change my name from Ashley, to Ashton because
1) my parents always loved the name Ashley and that was just to painful to hear everyday.
2) Ashley was too girly for my lifestyle now.

I started to see Marie again, with Jack on the side. Neither were aware of each other, but I'm sure Jack would be okay with it.

Jane warned me not to sneak out anymore because she was worried about my safety. I didn't care.