End of the road

I opened my eyes and my vision was in horizontal view, I realized that I'm in Julien's apartment. Turning around I felt my head was resting on an arm, Julien's beautiful face was facing me, he was still asleep.

His hand was sprawled on my bump, my stomach was swarmed by this jittery butterflies. I leaned my face closer to his and I kissed his cheeks. He mumbled a few words and he was still asleep.

"Wake up, sleepyhead" I said and I stole another kiss on his cheeks. He groaned and slowly opening his eyes with a smirk on his face.

"If you stole another kiss, I might hold on to you forever" he said in a husky tone, his eyes were darker with lust and trying to control himself. I blushed profusely and my breath was getting deeper.

I laugh escape my lips and he hugged me tighter. "I like you Zoe maybe even falling in love with you" he whispered sweetly.

"I know that this is too fast to happen but the moment I saw you entering my shop, I know and I'm so sure that I have to know you and here I'am falling hard from a 100 floor dive of love" he confessed.

"I like you too Julien. I really do" I snuggled closer at the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent.

"Then be with me Zoe" he whispered, his voice was pleading.

I leaned my head back, using my free hand to cup his face. "I'm not giving you an answer right now. Can't you see that I'm in my vulnerable state that any sweet and promising words can make me sway from what I really feel and want"

"I want to think this over Julien, I don't want to cling on someone because I'm in a mess and I don't want to depend on someone who just say comforting words to me" I said and my eyes were getting watery.

"I don't want to get your hopes up. I want to solve this in a mature way not some teenage love affair who needed warmth and temporary fling. This time I want to be so sure of it, so sure that when I make that decision and look back I will not have any regrets." I let the tears face and we both looked hurt.

"Friendship is all I can offer to you right now, A true and full of love bond" I said and he wiped my tears with his thumb.

"Please don't stress yourself about us. We are still young and dreaming, we might find who is really destined for us but right now we are not those destined ones for each other" I sobbed as I pour my heart out to him.

"Beside you deserve someone better than a knocked up and broken chick" I joked.

"We deserve everyone in our lives, we just have to put a lot of effort and love so at the end we both deserve one another" he looked at me in the eyes.

I never felt this heartbroken in my life. Sure I have experienced my fair share of heartbreaks but this one is climbing off the charts. I really hate to break a heart of a really great guy, as much as I want to say yes to him, I know that this will be sure an ephemeral love. What kind of woman who dreams of having that kind of love; no one.

I know I have Max right now and I really do love him but what is happening right now I really don't know, My mind is clouded with thoughts and my heart was tied on both ends and two people were pulling the ends. I'm in the middle of tug-of-war and it hurts me the most. Who will I choose? the one who loves me or who I love but with uncertain future.

"I wish that I met you first" he whispered and I leaned back to look at his eyes.

"Fate has other plans for us but no matter what I'm glad I met you even though we met in a tangled web of circumstances". I whispered and he leaned forward to kiss me. It was a sad and chaste kiss.