Engagement

Monday has come and I feel dreadful to go to work. After the event, Max's face was all over the gossip pages, they all want to know who was the lucky lady who is carrying his baby but luckily my face and what happened in the event wasn't plastered on the pages yet or it will cause me to go to early labor.

"Oh my god! I can't believed that Max, announced that he's going to be a dad and introduced you on the event that you're his girlfriend and baby mama!" Tia was squealing while clutching on the magazine that was delivered this morning.

"He's stepping up into his A-game, he loves you. I know" She was nudging my sides and bobbing her eyebrow causing me to roll my eyes.

"He doesn't love me, he doesn't do love for your information" I said while biting on my apple dipped in peanut butter.

"He does but he lacks the balls to say it to you. In time he will" She sat beside me and started to flip the pages of the magazine while putting circles on clothes of celebrities.

I shrugged and suddenly felt a bit sad about Max. When will I hear those "I love you" coming out from him?

"Well, I'm done here and I'm going to work" I stood up and kissed her side temples, she waved me goodbye and I grabbed purse.

I hailed a cab and travel to my work. I was in front of the building, gulping the nervousness away from my body.

Please, let this day be a normal one...

I walked towards the lobby, greeting Joe along the way, people where staring at me some were whispering with their co-workers. Talk about the rumor mill.

I used the executive elevator when the hall was empty. I don't want to give them more topics to discuss about me.

The doors opened and it was already a busy monday for us but what I hated was they all looked up at me, it was still the same situation in the lobby. I suddenly felt like a giant waddling walrus who was creating a crack on our floor.

I walked to my cubicle not minding the people who were gossiping. I placed my purse on the side and I saw a small ivory envelop placed on my desk. I picked it and turned it, it was from Max.

I'm really sorry for leaving you yesterday -Max

I frowned seeing the letter, Max left me yesterday morning for a business meeting in Dubai. It was like a thousand miles away and we just got back together and enjoying our couples time but this meeting ruined it all. I tucked the letter in my purse and started to work.

It was lunch time, when Cindy and Andy invited me for lunch. We went to the deli and decided to stay there for our lunch break.

"I still can't believe that the Maximus Taylor is your boyfriend and baby daddy" Cindy was giddy and nudging my sides.

"Me too, It just happened in a snap" I said while biting on my chicken sandwich.

"Not only he is handsome but have a shitload of money" she said widening her arms to show how rich Max is.

"Yeah, I maybe lucky but I don't mind he is rich, as long as we are together and I love him that's enough and I'm contended" I said with dignity.

I know that he is rich and obviously I'm in the family were we all worked our asses off and combine our salaries to live. I can smooch money out of him and use this baby as a leverage for everything materialistic but I wasn't taught to be like that, I learned how to be independent in life and know how to work hard to get what I want.

"You are whipped" Andy piped in and we all laughed.

"Guilty as charged" I said and winked at him.