Ruined lunch and Emergencies

Oh la la just oh la la.
I'm level 7 happy (on the scale of 1 to 10) haha!

I have a new book, compilations of short stories. About random topics in life, love etc.
"Shorts" it is on my profile so go check it out!

About the posting of chapter of BBB and Shorts. It will still be a normal updates.

Max's POV

"You can take your early lunch Mrs. Kipps" I talked to her through the intercom. "Thank you Sir, do you want anything from the deli shop across the street?" She asked. "No, I'm going to lunch with Zoe but thank you" I said smiling. I finished all the piled-up paper works and email so I can have my lunch with Zoe. After a hour of work, I was done.

I went inside the elevator, so I can wait for Zoe in the lobby. When the elevator opened I got outside and Joe greeted me. "Happy lunch Mr. Taylor!" I greeted back and I stopped at the reception desk and took out my phone. I sent a text to Zoe inviting her on a lunch date. "Waiting for someone Mr. Taylor?" He asked and I know that he knows something. "Zoe, inviting her for lunch" I said looking at his eyes. At first he was hesitating to speak. "What? Do you want to say something Joe? You can tell me" I said. "Uh-she went to lunch with a co-worker" he said and my phone buzzed. It was Zoe, she said that she already went to lunch with a co-worker. I looked back at Joe. "Girl or a guy?" I asked and he was starting to get nervous. I looked in his eyes and he was starting to get uneasy. "A guy" he said looking defeated. I texted back asking if she is with a guy. My phone buzzed and she said that she was with her co-worker named Cindy and she said that she misses me. Is she lying? Trying to add some sweet message to trying to cover her lie. I have to find out if she really is.

"Do you know where they went?" I asked. "I heard they are talking about the deli shop across the street. "Thank you" I mumbled and walked out of the building. The shop was near the place, so I walked from there. I was at the opposite street and stood 2 buildings before the shop and I saw her standing outside. She smiled holding her phone but still guilt was written all over her face. Then a guy walked at her and tapped her back showing the paper back he was holding and smiling at her.

How could she lie to me?

I went back to my office with anger filling up my body.

My intercom buzzed. "Mr. Taylor, we have an emergency in our Chicago branch." She said. "Video conference right now!" I ordered sternly. "They said video conference is not possible you have to fly there, I have the jet, ready to fly out, they are just waiting for you. They also said that will be a 1-2 day trip Sir." Mrs. Kipps informed me. I hissed, I want to talk to Zoe about that guy with her a while ago. "Fine, get the company car be ready right now." I walked to my office closet and grabbed my emergency travel bag, incase of situations like this, I will save time from getting home and pack.

I passed to Mrs. Kipps office and gave me the itinerary for my emergency trip. "Mr. Taylor, since I will not be there as your assistant, the Chicago branch already sent your personal assistant when you land there and I already gave her instructions" I went in the elevator and pressed the button so I can get to the lobby. Joe greeted me as I passed the lobby and I immediately got in the car.

We speed off to the airport, so I can finish this meeting and I can talk to Zoe when I get home. My phone buzzed and I fished it out of my suit pocket. I looked in the screen and it was Zoe. My jaw tighten from anger and I read her text.

"Hey, are we going to your apartment together?

- Zoe"

Shit! I totally forgot that!

"I'm going to Chicago today, meet you in a day or two

- Max"

I turned off my phone, not wanting to see a text from her and watched the scene outside. I alighted from the car and into the tarmac. A leggy brunette stewardess assisted me inside the jet, I sat down on my seat and she gave me a glass of Moët, she was flirting with me, bending down sexily and her eyes were glued on me. Trust me I know.

I drank down half of my drink and put it in the cup holder. The pilot instructed us to buckle up since we are taking off. When we are allowed to take off the belt, I opened my laptop and started to read and answer my work emails.

I took a nap and I was awaken by a soft tap on my shoulder by the stewardess saying that we are about to land. I smiled and packed up my laptop and papers.

I was greeted by the cabin staff as I leave the jet. I greeted them and took the stairs where a black Escalade was waiting for me. A tall and bulky guy wearing a suit alighted from the driver's side, he greeted me "Good Afternoon Mr. Taylor. I'm Tony, I will be your driver while you are here in Chicago." He said and I nodded and Tony opened the door for me. I got in the car and a Red haired with skyhigh legs bombshell greeted me and was already seated on the other side and smiled at me.

"Good afternoon Mr. Taylor. I'm Michelle Hart. Your personal secretary" she said seductively and offered me her hand and I shook it. During the ride she discussed to me what were the problems in the branch and my schedule. She warned me that it can last for a few more days depending on how the meeting will go then suddenly I remembered Zoe. I want to confront her about the new guy making a move on her.

"Something wrong Mr. Taylor? I can move your meeting for today and continue it tomorrow" she said "No, I want to finish this quickly. I don't want any interruptions or delays" I said while looking at her. "Very well, Mr. Taylor" she touched my shoulder softly and smiled at me. We drive to the company in silence.

*NOTE*
A short chapter.....

Another character joined the whirlwind story of Max and Zoe!

I'm adding so many characters right now so I'm going to put the list.

this is the character list so far! (Just the frequents)

Zoe Jones - Female Lead

Maximus Taylor - Male Lead

Tia - bestfriend of female lead

Patrick - bestfriend of the female lead

Andy Sparks - Ex-boyfriend of female lead

Ms. Nelia Kipps - Secretary of Male Lead

Ms. Michelle Hart - Secretary of Male Lead (chicago branch)

Aidan Moore and Brandon Hicks(too be presented.soon) - Best friends of male lead

My newest addition is Michelle Hart. Is she going to be on the good or bad side? (Ok..that sounds so Star-war-ish!)