Battle of the exes

Just finished reading the book "The Intern" by nayababe and it was amazeballs!

Well it was different from boss-intern/assistant/subordinate love that I usually read.

It was a twisted love, I must say.

People do for the sake of love..

For the curious minds/readers, you can search the book or you can find it in my reading list. :)

Guys I was just wondering about how did I got 12k+ views.LOL! Where did you find my book and how? I mean how did you come across my book. Just wondering. Pleas please Comment it! Thank you! Just curious 😝 kill the cat! Hahaha!

Zoe's POV

When I received Max's text that he was going to Chicago today, I admit that I was very sad. I was excited for today and some business trip ruined it.

The next day I was stuck in a small conference room with Andy doing some paper works for an upcoming product launch. The atmosphere was silent, having occasional talk about our ideas and stuff. "Hey Zoe?" Andy spoke breaking the silence in the room. I lifted my head and looked at him. He gave me a tight lip smile, "how are you?" He asked. I let out a small laugh "That is so weird of you!" I smiled and he gave me a look "seriously?" I asked and he nodded "well, I'm fine, really fine! Did that answer your question?" I smiled and I continued to flip some paper to distract myself from the awkwardness of the situation, he rolled of his chair closer to me. I shifted my body slightly on the other side. "I'm sorry" he said, "for what?" I asked innocently but I know what he going to be sorry for, our break-up.

*flashback*

it was our last year together in college. I was entering his apartment when I saw that all lights were turned off, only a low light coming from the tall lamp was lighting the apartment. I saw him sitting on the couch, "Hey!" I said and I seated beside him. "Hey, you" he said to me without the excitement like he always do. "What's wrong?" I asked and starting to worry. "I'm breaking up with you" he said looking straight into my eyes, within seconds my world dropped. "Why?" I was trying to smiling, thinking it was a joke. He was silent "I want to know why!" I hold his arms and slightly shook him. "You want to know why?" He stood up and he put his hands inside his pockets. "I don't love you anymore!" He said, "what?" I gaped at him.

"It is like one day I woke up and the next thing I know is I don't love you anymore, I can't see any future with you in it. I want to focus on my career alone" He reasoned out. I stood up "what happened to those days that we planned our futures together and the i love yous?" I asked. He pinched the sides of his nose bridge and put his other on his waist. "People change Zoe" he said. "I love you! I will not cause any problems to you, I promise that I will not be a burden to you" I was now crying, trying to convince him that there is still the love that we have for the past year. "I'm sorry Zoe, but there is somebody else. She is different from you. A whole lot different" he said. I froze from his revelation.

"You freaking cheated on me? Why is it because you can't have this?" I was starting to strip off my clothes "because I can not give you this?" I grabbed his hand put it in my breast and the other inside my panties, challenging him and I was shaking from anger. He was trying to calm me down by hugging me but I was lashing out from the hug and I slapped his face. Now I know why!

I put back my clothes on and wiped the tears off my face. "I hope that you find your happiness in your other woman! Damn you" I stormed out from his apartment.

And that was another end of a tragic relationship with a bastard.

*end of flashback*

Anger filled my body again just remembering that breakup! I took a deep breath. "You know what? Just keep that sorry to yourself and shall we start finishing our work here?" I asked he look shocked. Suddenly my phone rang, I stood up and walked closer to the glass windows and saw that Tia was calling me. "Hey momma bear, just calling to let you know that I will not come home for tonight" she said "ok..You know what my ex-boyfriend Andy is working with me in Max's company!" I whispered. "No, shit! That is trouble for you my dear, so have you told Max about it?" She was shocked with my story. "No, why would I?" I said "you have to because duh you are now dating each other" she reasoned. "Ok, I will but when he comes back, he is in Chicago for a business trip, got to go! Bye love you!" I said and put the phone in my pocket.

Then suddenly a shooting pain in my lower abdomen started to spread. I let out a loud cry and I hold unto my stomach and my other hand was holding on to the glass window for support. Andy saw me and rushed to my side "are you ok Zoe?" He asked looking worried. "Yeah, I'm fine just the cramps, that's all. No worries" I tried to push him off slightly away from me. "Looks like it is not just cramps, lets go to the clinic" he offered. "No, Just a bit of rest, I'm going to be fine" I said and started to walk back to my chair and Andy was still holding both of my arms. He looked at me still not believing what I said. "I'll get some water, you wait here and don't ever leave" he warned. "Yes, sir!" I gave him a salute and smiled. He went out of the room and I picked up my phone.

I dialed Max's phone but it went to the voicemail. I tried many times but it went to voicemail. Now I'm angry and upset, why would he put me on voicemail? I didn't do anything wrong for all I know. I really need him this time! So my last resort was I texted him what happened to me. Next I dialed my doctor and I was glad that she picked it up. I talked to her about what happened to me earlier, she said that I was experiencing the Round Ligament Pain, it was normal for a pregnant woman to experience it during the 2nd trimester and that my body is changing from the rapid growth of the baby. I thanked her and put down my phone.

I was so scared there for a minute, I thought I was losing the baby and it frightened me, a lot. Andy opened the door and gave me a bottle of water. I drank the water and thanked him. "How are you feeling?" He asked he seemed a bit tensed. "A bit better, thank you" I smiled. "I think we should stop today and you can rest here" he said and I nodded. "Are you hungry? I'm going to grab some food from the sandwich shop" he asked "yeah, turkey sandwich" and before I can finish what I'm going to say he spoke "with special sauce on the side and the potato salad, got it!" He smiled and grabbed his suit and left the room.

After 30 minutes, he entered the room with the paper bag from the shop. My stomach growled from the smell of the food. "Thank you! I grabbed my purse and handed him some bills for the food but he refused again. "Andy, it is like twice now that you don't accept my payment. If this accumulated into a million dollar, I can not repay you!" I joked and he laughed "then go on a date with me" he said straightforward. My mouth went open. "Still oozing with confidence, aren't you?" I said back blushing. What are you blushing for Zoe?. "Hell yeah I'am, besides you and I are single" he said biting in his sandwich.

I stared at him, "what? Checking me out?" He said with a smug smile. "I-uh-no-it is complicated and I don't want to talk about it" I said and the smile disappeared from his face. He was disappointed and we ate our snacks in silence and I asked him to resume to work, at first he was reluctant but after a few tries he agreed and finished out work with out a hitch.

I looked at the my watch and it was 8:45 pm and I thought about Max. What is he doing now? Is he eating? Or when is he coming back? I really miss him.

"Missing someone?" Andy interrupted me from my daze. "Uh-no, thinking about my dinner for tonight" I lied. "We can continue this tomorrow" I stood up and started to clean up the table but Andy took all the papers from me and he started to clean the table. I waited for him to finish.

We went to the lobby together. He offered me to take me home but I politely declined. I greeted Joe and he waved back at me. "I'm taking the subway so goodbye" I waved at him. "See you tomorrow! Nice to see you again Zoe" he smiled

*NOTE*

Uh-oh! Looks like Andy wants Zoe back! Keep reading guys if the date if will happen or not!