-40-

Just like a soldier.

I keep on moving forward.

Soldier - Neffex
———————————————————————————

Seth opened his eyes tiredly and yawned.

When did I fall asleep?

Seth jolted up from the bed when he remembered what had happened earlier, he touched his chest looking for the sharp end of the arrow but never found it.

"Oh yeah, Cade took it out" Seth muttered to himself. The door to his and Cade's room flew open and a very worried Cade rushed in. He'd been eating when he'd heard Seth talk to himself, he'd thrown his sandwich at Nico and ran up the stairs.

Cade ran to Seth and practically jumped on him.

"I was so worried! You can't just start choking up blood and then pass out like that! I thought you died!" Cade hissed, and hugged Seth tighter.

"Sorry" Seth mumbled and kissed Cade's shoulder. He felt Cade smile against his neck. Cade pulled away and smiled at Seth, Seth smiled back but his smile quickly turned into a scowl.

"That bitch" Seth grumbled and got up and walked out of the room leaving Cade both shocked and confused.

"Killian!" Seth growled when he got downstairs and saw his house filled with Killian's pack members. Some of them turned and looked at him when he walked past some of them didn't.

"Move- Get the fuck out of my way-" Seth growled at every one of them who were standing in his way.

Seth made it outside and scanned his backyard until he found the black-haired mutt he was looking for. He growled lowly and approached him.

Killian turned around and smiled at Seth. "Ah, you're all healed! Sorry for-" Seth's fist connected with Killian's jaw before he could finish his sentence.

"The fuck are you and your pathetic mutts doing on my land? I thought I told you to never come back here" Seth growled as he watched Killian steady himself.

Killian looked at Seth with a pained expression. Was he really expecting Seth to apologise for hitting him? Killian sighed and rolled his eyes.

"You've got a vampire to kill right? I'm here to help"

"Where in the hell is Ember then?" Seth asked and Killian took a step closer, Seth didn't want him to step closer so instead of stepping back he shoved Killian further away from him.

"Boys, calm down" both Seth looked over Killian's shoulder and saw Ember walking towards them, glaring at Killian. Seth smiled and walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. She was the closest thing he had to a mother.

"I missed you pumpkin" Ember mumbled against Seth's chest.

Seth hated the nickname pumpkin,. Ember had started calling it when he once fell while holding a bucket filled with pumpkin pulp and the bucket flew out of his hands and landed on him and he was covered in pumpkin pulp.

The only reason he let her call him that was because it made her happy.

"Missed you too" Seth muttered. Seth inhaled Ember's scent and nuzzled his face against her neck.

"Where's your mate? I want to meet him again." Ember whispered as she pulled back.

"He's inside."

"Call him"

Seth put on his best pained expression and yelled for Cade, his voice broke a few times but Seth knew he'd get Cade's attention.

"Cade!"

"Hold on, why'd you sound hurt? You're not hurt." Ember frowned until she saw the smirk on Seth's face and shook her head sighing.

"Seth?" Cade shouted in panic as he ran outside and immediately his eyes drifted towards his mate. Cade frowned, Seth didn't look hurt, he wasn't hurt.

"What the hell Seth? Don't worry me like that" Cade said as he approached them.

"Hi, I'm Ember, Seth's step-mother?" Ember said, she wasn't really sure if Seth considered her as his mother or just some old woman who cared about him.

Seth nodded and smiled at her.

"I'm Cade"

Seth shook his head and cursed under his breath. "As if she didn't know that already" he muttered

"Whaat? I introduced myself and you're telling me I shouldn't have done it?"

Seth stared at Cade with a blank expression, not wanting to fight his dumb-boyfriend over something stupid.

"Shall we come up with a plan on how to kill Damien?" Ember said breaking the silence.

Seth and Cade nodded and told her to gather the pack and meet them inside.

——

"Okay! Everybody listen up!" Killian shouted and everyone stopped talking. Every one of Killian's pack members stared at him.

"We've come up with a plan on how to take down Damien. Some of you may know him as 'blood sucking bitch'." Killian said and some wolves replied while some laughed.

"We're going to ambush him. I want everyone to train in their wolf-forms tonight, I want you to train as if your life depended on it. Damien's home is up north. We don't know when we'll be leaving but you have to be prepared for everything, who knows? We could leave tomorrow in the morning or the day after that. You'll have to also train in your human-forms. Now, start training." Killian ordered, he wasn't very good at talking to his pack members since his dad had always ordered the pack members to do stuff.

All of the wolves scattered in different directions and started to train. Some in their wolf forms and some as humans, they were all in pairs.

"Wow, that was amazing" Seth said sarcastically which earned him a glare from Killian.

"At least I'm not a wimpy fucker who won't do shit" Killian shot back.

"You're literally talking about yourself."

"Slut"

"Low fucking blow bitch"

"Yeah, well, you deserved it"

"What? To be called a slut because what I've done in the past?"

"Yes"

"Jesus Christ, you imbecile."

"Not my name"

"Shut the fuck up, you stupid fucking idiot!"

"Boys! Stop it! You're bickering like children!" Ember scolded and they both muttered a sorry before glaring at each other.

———————————————————————————

I kind of hate Killian tbh

Well? Thoughts?