-09-

Seth's body wasn't as sore as it had been the night before, he wasn't limping, but one wrong move and his whole body was in pain.

Seth was good at hiding things, he was a phenomenal liar, he was a manipulator, whenever he was cornered, he always knew what his opponent wanted. He would never give it to them but he liked toying with people's minds. Making them believe he would do anything to them.

He couldn't lie to Cade nor manipulate him. Seth didn't know why he wasn't able to lie or manipulate Cade, it drove Seth mad sometimes.

Seth scoffed when he saw Cade, sleeping peacefully on his bunk. 

"That asshole" Seth whispered and stripped out of his clothes. He grabbed a pair of grey sweatpants and put them on. He hadn't even made any noise but him just entering the room woke Cade.

When Seth heard Cade place his feet on the ground, looked around frantically looking for something to throw over his top half. 

"Aren't you supposed to be in class or something?" Cade grumbled, his voice was deeper than usual. "Didn't feel like going" Seth mumbled as he found a hoodie to put on.

"You sick?" Cade yawned, stretching his hands behind his back. "No dummy, I'm tired" Seth said as he walked past Cade and climbed to his bunk.

"I think Liam and his roommate are dating" Seth mumbled and Cade hummed in response. "Who's his roommate?" Cade yawned, even if Cade was a morning person he was always tired during the day.

"I don't know, they're in room 401" Seth mumbled. 

"Oh it's them. Yeah I know Liam, the other guy I don't know, Liam's been here for a couple of years, they were roommates from the start. I don't get how Liam managed to stay alive and befriend him tho" Cade stated, it was weird how he said it, it didn't seem true. 

Seth sat up and raised a brow at Cade. "Ah I mean like no one's ever gotten him to talk, so it was pretty surprising finding out they were talking and stuff." Cade explained.

"He's always been by himself. None of his roommates liked him, he's kind of like a monk, but he had a hard time controlling his temper" Cade sighed and ran his fingers thru his hair. "So he's not a monk then?" Seth chuckled and Cade glared at him. 

 "I remember the first day that I got here, the same year as Liam. I don't remember how many years ago it was, maybe 3?" Cade said as he tried remembering when he got to Hawking High. 

"Yeah I'm 17... so I was 14? Yeah I was 14 when I got here and I guess Liam was the same age? he could be younger too I don't really know" Cade continued.

Cade sat down on the couch. "There was this kid that had heard of him, how strong he was and he wanted to...find out if what he had heard was true. So he well.. hit him, in the middle of class by the way, and he.. didn't take it well. He got really angry, everyone ran out, we were all really scared of him so we just ran out and the guards tried to stop him but one of them ended up getting rammed into a table."

"It didn't go so well, they ended up locking him in the classroom til he calmed down. When they let him out his fists were covered in so much fucking blood it was like a horror movie. He had destroyed the classroom. They don't even use that classroom anymore that's how much he destroyed it." Cade scoffed slightly, Seth didn't know if the story was true, but he had to believe Cade, he just felt like he had. 

"That sounds..scary" Seth mumbled as he saw Cade run his fingers thru his hair again. "That a habit?" Seth asked and Cade looked up at him. "What?" Cade asked as he rested his elbows on his knees. "You run your fingers thru your hair a lot, that a habit?" Seth said as he pointed at Cade's hair.

"I guess, I do it when I'm nervous and stressed" Cade mumbled and Seth nodded. While Cade was looking at the floor Seth was looking at him, observing him. "I know you're looking at me Seth" Cade said and looked at Seth. Seth shrugged "I know, I wanted to make sure you're okay" Seth mumbled, not breaking eye contact with Cade.

"By staring at me?" Cade chuckled and Seth rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I wasn't staring I was just looking at you." Seth scoffed.

"Mhm? Not creepy at all" Cade laughed, Seth threw his pillow at him and it hit him right in the face.

"Don't you have class?" Seth said and pointed at Cade's schedule that was hung up on the wall right next to Seth's.

Cade glared at Seth and sighed. "bye bye now" Seth laughed as Cade pouted and left the room. 

"He's seriously like a big teddy bear, it's weird" Seth said to himself and made himself more comfortable on the bed which was hard since the bed was made out of literal cardboard. Not really, it just felt like it was. 

"Why the hell are these beds so fucking hard?!" Seth grunted as he moved around. "Maybe since this is basically a prison, but for teenagers" Seth sat up and jumped down from the top bunk.

"Ow bad idea" Seth muttered and put his hand on his ankle, his foot had started hurting like hell after he had jumped down.  Seth groaned and sat down on the couch. "Fuck" Seth muttered when he looked at his foot and saw blood. 

"What the hell did I step on?" Seth whispered.

"A screw" Jayden said when he walked in. Seth flinched, his eyes widened when he realised it was Jayden. 

"Looks like you stepped on the screw I threw in your room, I kind of wanted Cade to step on it buuut, it was nicer since you stepped on it" Jayden smirked and walked closer to Seth.

"You gotta get that checked out don't you" Jayden said once he looked at Seth's foot. 

"I can help you" Jayden smirked and grabbed Seth's foot, yanking him forwards. Seth hit the concrete floor with a groan, but soon enough that groan turned into a scream as Jayden pulled the screw out of Seth's foot.

"Stop crying jesus Seth, It wasn't that big of a deal" Jayden said as Seth started crying harder. 

"Not a big deal?! That screw was deep inside my foot! and you just pulled it out!" Seth yelled and tried to stand up. Seth was both angry and scared.

"Get out!" Seth yelled and shoved Jayden away from him. Jayden didn't stumble back he simply just took a step back but he didn't leave. "Now you're fighting back" Jayden smirked.

A group of people had formed outside of Seth's dorm after he had screamed. Jayden grabbed the back of Seth's shirt and yanked him forward. When he opened the door, everyone's eyes widened and they all stepped back. Some wanted to help Seth but were too scared to.

Aight fine I might like violence too much