Dizziness

The Narrator

Kirt ran with Hernanda down the hill and into the forest once again, to stop behind a bush once the monster came in sight.

"He seems dead," Hernanda whispered as she was about to take a step forward.

"Stop!"

"What?"

"Beartrap!" Kirt pointed to the rusted metal clamp on the ground. 

Hernanda nodded as she stopped her feet from touching that trap. Not again.

That's when Timothy coughed and opened his eyes, blood dripping out of his mouth and pouring down his stomach onto the black coat of that monster. The rain washed it away. 

"Gah!" Timothy shouted and coughed, as he bounced on the shoulder of that psychopath.

Hernanda dropped the scimitar as she stared at Timothy. 

Kirt watched that metal blade twirl and flip and just as he hoped it didn't happen. CLING! The spikes in the trap caught the blade. Timothy jerked and fell conscious as the monster stopped. 

Kirt froze. He didn't move. He was stuck in the same position, gaping at that blade. He knew what the noise of the clamping would have done. 

When he looked up, he saw the monster running towards him with the blade pointed at him. 

Move, Kirt told his body, but it didn't obey. Move, you idiot

The knife was going for his chest. The blade was about to touch his chest when Hernanda pulled him aside. 

Slish! the knife grazed his arm at such a speed that a long cut emerged spilling blood out. 

Hernanda lost her balance when she pulled Kirt and her forehead smacked a tree when she fell. Then she collapsed face-first on a rock, her lips smacking its jagged edges. She lied there dazed, her split lips weeping blood. She even heard the crack from her nose breaking. She'd tried lifting herself, but couldn't. 

Kirt fell on the grass. With a deft move, the psychopath shoved the knife downward, aiming for Kirt's stomach. Kirt lifted his legs up to shield his belly just before the sword could go through his stomach. He gasped as the knife sawed through his leg and bent when it hit his fibula. The blade then twisted twirled and lashed out of from the left side of his leg, creating an exit wound and splattering blood all over the place. 

Kirt shrieked and yelled as the excruciating pain peaked. His leg was a grotesque sight. He couldn't move it without causing the torture to increase. 

The monster swiftly lifted the knife and shoved it down, aiming for Kirt's neck.

In time, Kirt lift his forearm and stopped the blade as it cut through the flesh and hit the bone. The blade bent and bent until it snapped. One half of it flew out of Kirt's hand making an exit wound, while the half with the handle was pulled out by the monster. 

The psychopath then aimed for Kirt's belly and struck this time, though not deeper because most of the knife had broken off. 

Kirt squirmed and retched. 

The knife got stuck. The monster couldn't retrieve it.

The psychopath tried again and again and plop! it came out.

Blood drenched Kirt's shirt. 

Kirt closed his eyes, anticipating the final blow. Just before it could strike his neck, he moved by reflex and the blade struck his shoulder, and the monster lost grip of it and tumbled on the ground. 

Kirt tried to bring his head up, but it was hard. He strained his neck again and "Aaah!" he shouted as he got a cramp in the neck. He fell back. He tried to bring his hands to the handle jutting out of his shoulder but it was too painful that he stopped. 

He wanted to die, to get rid of the pain.

Dizziness. 

The psychopath got up and dusted his cloak. 

Kirt thought he was dying amid a pool of his own blood.