Bang!

The Narrator

Alice and Kirt followed the footsteps that they discovered after finding a watch on the mud-flooded forest floor. It was chilly in the forest. There were a few hours left before sunrise. The clouds that veiled the full moon were thick, promising a fresh outburst of stormy rain within the next few hours before sunrise that morning. The gentle, cold breezes that started blowing through the forest, as Kirt and Alice walked in search of Timothy, foreshadowed the arrival of severe, branch-breaking, tree-uprooting winds.

It wasn't easy for the two of them to walk through that forest floor. They had to wade through the ankle-deep slush or they had to lift their foot and put it down many times as they tried to make their way towards where the footprints led.

Timothy never was the type of person who prefers to go on adventures, unlike Kirt and Alice. Timothy would never intentionally venture very far from the camp. Even though the duo (Kirt and Alice) didn't know where the camp was, they knew that they had the intuition that they had ventured very far away from the camp. Both Kirt and Alice knew that even if Timothy would have gone in search for Kirt, he wouldn't have gone very far away from the camp. Timothy was the type of person who usually would prefer to sit in his tent and listen to Travis Scott on Spotify, instead of going out, whenever they would go camping in the wilderness in Wyoming.

For a long time, Kirt and Alice had been following the footsteps. The thick mud was impeding their advance. Occasionally Alice and Kirt yelled, "Timothy!" as they walked through the muddy forest floor, with the lamp in Kirt's hand and Timothy's watch worn by Alice.

The lamp ran out of battery.

"Arghhh," grumbled Kirt as he hit the lamp thrice, to no avail.

"Don't break it!" said Alice, looking at Kirt vehemently trying to resuscitate the light that just stopped shining.

"Guess we've gotta manage without this," Kirt mumbled.

With the light gone, it took a while for the duo's eyes to get adjusted to the moonlight.

Once their eyes were adjusted to the dim lighting of the cloud-veiled moon, they continue to walk in pursuit of Timothy, whose whereabouts they knew not.

That was when a bloodcurdling scream reverberated throughout the jungle. The voice sounded like that of a boy.

"Timothy," muttered Alice, recognizing the voice.

Grabbing the lamp, Kirt followed Alice as she ran towards the source of the sound.

Kirt ignored the branches that scraped against his cheek, as he ran through the forest.

Even though Kirt slipped many times because of running on the thick mud, he got up and continued running to be in time to save Timothy McAllister. His heart was racing.

"Shhh!" said Alice as they came near the source of the sound, behind a bush

"What?" whispered Kirt.

"We've gotta hide," Alice whispered in response, implying that the duo must hind behind the bushes.

The duo hid under the cover of bushes.

After finding a comfortable spot among the bushes, Kirt peeped through the leaves.

Timothy was there. On the ground, he lay, bound hand and foot. The movement of his cheeks revealed that he tried to shout but the cloth tied around his mouth prevented his sound from being heard.

Kirt then looked a little bit to the left of where Timothy was bound.

There was a shabbily dressed man with a hat on his head and a rope slung over his shoulder.