Two Weeks

Kirt Heinrich

Two days have passed since Sergio, Gallagher, and Seagale left the camp and not one of them have returned. It was still raining outside.

Yesterday we weren't that worried because we thought that maybe the storm caused Sergio to not return on the day he left, and we thought that he would return any time yesterday. But his absence for two days alarmed me.

I could understand Mr. Gallagher and Ms. Seagale's absence because they told Alice that they were going to search for Mr. Gallagher's passport. But I couldn't understand what took Sergio so long. I couldn't understand why he didn't return. He was supposed to return on the same day he left. Sergio was a man of the jungle. He couldn't be detained by a storm for more than a day. Something was wrong.

No matter how many times Alice tried to mentally examine what our teachers and Sergio told her before they left, she ended up with the same conclusion: that Sergio was supposed to return.

Timothy McAllister suggested that since we didn't know when Sergio would return, we better take an account of all the resources we had.

Alice and I agreed.

So all of us (except a few) took inventory and asked Brian Campbell to make estimates of how long each resource would last, using our average rate of consumption of each resource during the last five days.

I decided that it was very important that we clean the boys' toilet which was stinking and dirty. Rhett, Tom and I took the job of cleaning the toilet and the shower room. Putting on the hand gloves, which we found in a box of them in one of the capsules, we got to work. Now, Rhett, Tom and I shared a love for country music. So, we played country music on my portable speaker as we worked. 

Timothy McAllister

Where was Sergio? Maybe he was hurt. Maybe he would have met with an accident. I certainly shared Kirt's feeling that something was wrong with him. How could he not return in time, when he was someone who knew the jungle very well both in and out?

That day, we counted everything that we had on the bus and listed them down in a notebook that AnnSophia Fabron brought with her. If one always needed anything, the right person to go to is AnnSophia Fabron. She somehow manages to fit her entire room in one little bag.

After we explained to everyone what we were doing, everyone was willing to co-operate with us: everyone except Zachary White, Bill Lancaster, Michaela Smith, Fiona Buckingham, and Alejandra Hernandez. I didn't expect anyone of those exceptions to help us anyway.

As we were pulling out every item we found stuffed in the storage compartments, we began listing them by name and quantity.

After Rhett, Tom and Heinrich were done with the toilets, they wanted to help count the resources that we had in the luggage space that was accessible from the outside. They removed their shoes, pulled up their pants and put their foot into the mud and slush as they waded, amid the rain, towards the doors of the luggage space that was accessible from outside. With great difficulty, they had opened its door and found some things inside, including a snake that slithered out when they opened the door. The snake slithered away into the jungle as soon as they discovered it hidden in that luggage space.

Shifaly Udawatte

The guide who told me about La Familia De Princesa Irene came to our building that day. After he finished conveying something important to Mr. Seneviratne, I got to talk with him for a while. I was very curious to know why La Madre De Princesa Irene collapsed suddenly.