19

Namjoon pouted, his dimples showing off when his mother shooed him out from the kitchen after he put a salt on the food that his mother was cooking.

He was told to put sugar but he thought the salt was the sugar and put almost half of it on the food.

His mother freaked out and shooed him out.

While passing through the living room, the doorbell rang and since he was nearer, he opened the door.

His eyes widened and suddenly felt conscious.

You were standing on the doorway, wearing a huge white hoodie, jeans and a small bag. You look so tiny and Namjoon find you cute.

"Come in." He said without hesitation while smiling as he opened the door wider.

You took your slippers off and entered, "Where's your mother?"

Namjoon lead you to the kitchen as you greeted his mother who wasn't surprised with your presence because you're going there for the past days whenever you have to talk to him about the book.

He actually told you to take a break and enjoy the one week vacation but you refused.

Both of you went to the library in the Kim's house where you two usually talk.

You took a seat on the wooden chair as Namjoon sat beside you.

You took out your small note book and slide it to his direction.

"The clues that I've found were there, I also wrote down the sources." You said and watched as he opened the small notebook.

"We have to find out the meaning behind these clues." You added.

Namjoon nodded, "Yeah, we should. But can you promise me something?"

You raised a brow and waited for what he will say next, he put the notebook down and stared directly at you.

"Go out with me after this."

Your eyes widened and was confused why everyone in the castle kept on taking you out these days.

But still, you agreed, scared that Namjoon might not participate.

"Sure."

He smiled and tear off a piece of paper from your notebook and borrowed your pen.

"Sunrise isn't safe?" Namjoon asked, he saw that the clue came from Hoseok.

"Yeah." You felt your cheeks flushed when you remembered how Hoseok kissed you.

The principal stared at you before bringing his attention back to the notebook.

You cleared your throat, "Have you asked your mother about the riddle she gave you?"

"She said that only us can solve that and if we're able to decipher it, that will be the biggest clue."

You nodded and helped Namjoon to decipher some clues.

"Oh and mother gave me another clue, she said; time is running, darkness is coming."

You frowned, "Does that mean there's really a limitation? And when we reached the time, the monsters will come out?" You concluded, hands making random gestures.

Namjoon stroked his chin, "That's possible."

*

Hours have passed and it was already dinner time.

You two have deciphered the clues but you weren't sure if it was correct and you couldn't find the connection between it.

A knock resounded in the library as the door creaked open.

"Kids, its time for dinner."

Namjoon stood up, "Wait here." He told you as you nodded then he grabbed his mother's hand and left.

You leaned against your seat and stared at the scattered papers in front of you.

You began to connect the clues.

When sunrise comes and we haven't found the book in time, darkness will come?

You shook your head.

If we haven't found the book—

You were cut off because the door opened and Namjoon entered.

"You still have to fulfill your promise." He said and smiled.

You nodded and stood up, "Let's clean these papers first."

And that's what you did, Namjoon kept the clues as you two exited the library.

"Where are we going?"

You asked when he was taking an unfamiliar path in their house.

"Just trust me."

You nodded even though he couldn't see you because his back was facing you.

You climbed on the stairs and stopped in front of a door, "Ready?"

You gave him a nod, he opened the door and let you get in first.

Your eyes widened at the starry sky and the full moon.

You were in the rooftop, and there's a table full of foods in the middle with two chairs on each side.

There's also a telescope on the side.

"Woah."

"Let's dine under the starry sky."

Namjoon whispered in your ear and held your hand as he guide you towards the table.

He pulled the chair for you as you sat down before he went to his seat.

"My mother cooked these." He said, obviously proud with his mother.

You watched him put foods on your plate and ask you if the amount was alright.

"Thanks." You said as you two fell silent when you began to eat.

After minutes of eating, you were finally finished, Mrs. Kim's cooking skill was undeniably good and you were full.

"Are you satisfied?" Namjoon asked after wiping his lips.

You nodded with a huge smile, "So much! Thank you again."

He smiled back, dimples showing off again.

"You wanna gaze at the stars?"

You nodded as you two went to the telescope, Namjoon taught you how to use it.

You couldn't help but feel conscious when his chest was pressed against your back while teaching you, his breath was fanning against your cheek.

Your heart was beating fast against your chest and that's why you're conscious, he might hear it.

"Do you get it?" He asked and looked at you.

You looked back and your eyes widened when your faces were inches away from each other, he was wearing the same reaction.

You felt your cheeks blushed but you couldn't bring yourself to look away, just like Namjoon.

He stared at your features and that made his heart beats faster, matching yours.

"You're like the moon, you know why?"

You frowned and curiosity filled your system, heart still beating fast.

"Why?" You were glad that you didn't stutter.

He smiled, "Because I love moon."

Your breath hitched when he began to lean closer, you're about to close your eyes but stopped when you felt his lips landed on your forehead.

"And I respect the moon."