Snow White [1.12]

By the time Amare and Midas woke up, the albino still latched onto the sleepy king's form. Amare needed to go and get prepared for the day, but he sacrificed a few more minutes to let Midas keep rubbing himself on Amare's body. His nose delved deep into the blond's throat while occasionally nipping at his host's skin unconsciously.

The transmigrator was relieved to know Midas went back to how he was. Although he kept mumbling about silver and rubies, Midas continued to show extreme affection to his host, even being reluctant to let Amare get out of their bed.

So Amare had to cover up his neck that day. He was certain Hein would go ballistic over why there were red marks on his neck.

For the remainder of the day, Amare was with Snow White. He saw just how exhausted she had been last night, but the girl was incredibly grateful that everything went smoothly at the ball. Madam Blanche was also there, standing next to the king with a satisfied smile.

"Very impressive, Madam." Amare nodded his thanks to the woman.

She merely shrugged at they continued watching Snow White pour tea for the two of them. "All that effort didn't go to waste. It's good that she was able to keep her place as the princess and not some laughing stock. Though I'm sure the Devonshire family will want to have a word with a Your Majesty soon. They were the previous supporters of the late queen, the family must've thought you'd also back them up as well."

Amare snorted at the woman's statement. Snow White perked her heart up at the Madam and the king, wondering what they were talking about before carefully placing down a small tray with tea. Madam Blanche looked up from her seat and gave a smile to Snow White as Amare timidly picked up his cup, thinking about the Devonshires.

"Your Majesty won't have to worry about the Devonshires for too long. They only got to where they are know by committing heinous deeds. Once Your Majesty exposes their crimes, they'll fall out of power," Madam Blanche muttered.

Amare rose a brow. "How come... you know about that?"

The woman twirled a piece of her blue hair and gave him a quick glance. "I have certain connections."

The woman wasn't so blind as to what Amare was trying to do. She could feel the blond scheming something in the inner court and decided to take some matters into her own hands, like investigating some of the other nobles who had the possibility of retaliating against the king. She already knew about Amare recruiting Count Wessley to his side, she just didn't know why specifically.

Amare vaguely explained that he was trying to tie up loose ends after the queen. Madam Blanche gave him a doubtful look, not believing the whole thing. With how things were running, she expected things to be peaceful, but Amare was still on edge. At first, she didn't notice it with how lazy and listless the king acted, but over time, she eventually noticed the subtle changes in Amare.

But she didn't question anything else. They ended their conversation there and didn't talk about anything else, only continuing to watch Snow White practice more.

Several days later, Amare received a letter from the Detherage family. His mother would be coming to the castle soon to speak with him, but he figured she just wanted to look around the place and to see how well he was fairing as the king. He wouldn't be so surprised if she were to try and say something to attain more power through him.

So while he prepared to receive his mother and father for the day, Amare quietly sent out Count Wessley to scour for some more information. He needed to see if there was a large family filled with enough influence which could've helped make his sister become queen. Not to mention there were the candidates as well, so Count Wessley would be busy speaking with each and every one of them. Surely, one of those ladies had to know who the Evil Queen's backer was, or at least they should have an idea.