Little Red Riding Hood [3.1]

"Are you sure that's all I have to do? Just three missions?"

"Yes, just three."

Midas' host tilted his head, thinking deeply about something before looking back at his system.

"You managed to get the item you needed, right?"

Midas lowered his gaze. "Yes, but it was dangerous. I think it'll be more troublesome in this world. Maybe we should let you rest for a while and-"

"We can't stop. We need to complete the rest of the tasks and get the items you need."

Midas paused, feeling guilty as watched his host dress himself up. He reached out, also wanting to help and smoothed out his host's cloak. "You should rest," Midas said yet again. "We've been doing this for years now. I've yet to see you actually relax."

"I'm alright," he responded. "The only reason I'm still alive is because of you. You need these items for something important, right? I'll do whatever you ask of me, so don't give me that look. You shouldn't feel guilty for something I agreed to do."

Right... Midas nearly forgot about that. He was a greedy little thing and only ever cared about himself and did all sorts of things to accomplish his goals, but when he looks at his host, who was tired from having to endure these messed up stories, Midas wanted to step away and break their contract. He only saved this person from death to get what he needed from these fairytales.

But he won't cancel their agreement. They've come this far, and Midas doubts his host will ever allow his system to break it.

"Do you need me to repeat this storyline?"

"There's no need. It's pretty obvious who I am at this point and what I have to do," the male replied, strapping on his hunting knife to his thigh before slinging his rifle over his shoulder. He glances over to Midas, giving him a cheeky grin. "I need to kill the Big Bad Wolf, yeah?"

The tale of Little Red Riding Hood was pretty common, so it's not like his host needs to hear it again. There wasn't a huge problem in this story, and it seems a little easier compared to the previous tales... but Midas couldn't be too certain about it. There were still some twists in this world as well.

The original story has Little Red Riding Hood going out into the forests to visit her grandmother for a day. On her journey, she meets the Big Bad Wolf and talks with him for a bit before continuing on the path. When she arrives at her grandmother's cottage, she's surprised to see how different the elder looked.

By the time Little Red Riding Hood realizes it was actually the wolf himself, it was too late. She ends up being eaten by him.

That's not what's supposed to happen from what Midas can tell.

There are three main missions his host has to complete. He'll have to figure out who the Big Bad Wolf is, stop the main character from being killed, and kill the wolf. But there is also an alternative choice his host can take.

It's to find out why the wolf is killing off the townsfolk.

The place they were in right now was a small and somewhat shabby cottage. His host didn't really mind and was quick to accept his new living conditions, but as he headed out to the center of the village to buy some more food, there were some differences in which places were far better than the rest.

The town head was a very wealthy merchant, so he lived up further north in his mansion with his wife and son. That area only hosted the more well-off families and such, not that his host really cared. But with his occupation, he supposes he should try and fetch something worthy enough to sell.