Snow White [1.2]

When the Evil Queen passed away, Amare was immediately crowned as king, even if no one was quite sure about it. The only reason why he was able to inherit the throne after his sister was because of Lord Kain, who pledged to faithfully serve him. Kain never pledged to anyone before, not even to the late queen, but somehow he made an exception for the young ruler who was only eighteen. Barely an adult.

After that, Hein was brought into the castle under Amare's orders. Although he was gifted with creating inventions many people now use, some people thought of him to be rather peculiar. And the fact Hein was strict, too firm with anyone, it made the other aristocrats distance themselves from him even more... seeing as though he wasn't a noble from birth, they already scorned his upbringing ever since he stepped foot into the castle.

But with the newly crowned king's sudden demand of bringing him, even declaring Hein to become his personal advisor, many ministers outright rejected the command, especially those who the late queen previously favored.

It wasn't long before they were silenced by Lord Kain, who slew one of them without hesitation. That was the day everyone became wary of Hein. No matter what, they had to follow his orders. With such a huntsman standing behind him as his backer, they had to hold back and give into his demands.

But Hein wasn't so bad. His mind was fair, and he only ever needed to be strict when he needed to be. Since he was twenty-five, he was more of a father figure to the king and nothing more than an annoying babysitter to Kain, who was only two years older than Amare.

Everyone thought the king brought Hein inside just because he could. It wasn't the first time Amare brought strange people in to entertain him, so they figured Hein was nothing more than something to keep him distracted since his sister passed away.

The real reason was because of Midas, who told Amare bringing Hein as his personal advisor would be a wise choice for the future. And so Amare did what his system told him to, and the albino vividly beamed at him that day, forgetting about gems for a split second to earnestly spend his time with the transmigrator.

Since Amare was still newly appointed, everyone in the kingdom was truly afraid of what their king was capable of. Before, they were frightened because of the laws the previous queen made and how much she neglected them, only caring about taking their money to amplify the castle's beauty. But since Amare had such strong backings with Lord Kain, they grew even more petrified, thinking he might raise the taxes even more. They've heard many rumors of how wild the king was when he was a prince, and the numerous gossips about him recklessly spending money.

And he was exactly like his sister, too in love with his face that he ignored what his sister did with her own people. Not only that, he was a lazy being, always lounging around and sleeping whenever he wanted. There was a bit of small talk on how the king lets his personal advisor take his place sometimes just for a nap!

Did he even think about this kingdom? Wasn't he exactly like his sister?

There were many thoughts of rebelling against the king, some people even began to speak of a coup happening, but they were quickly turned into dust as Lord Kain hunted those people down, forcefully silencing them without any hesitation. So the people were even more afraid, constantly living in fear of the new king.

Until they heard about the water storage system, and the new seeds to plant which were brought to the farmers.

Everyone became confused. And they were somewhat more terrified when dozens of soldiers began marching through the villages. They forgot all about the seeds and figured the new king wanted to rob their money!

But then a man appeared within the line of soldiers, presenting himself as one of the king's advisors. He directly spoke to one of the leading farmers, explaining how King Amare planned on building the water storage for the crops when the drought comes. He pointed at the large cases behind him being carried by the soldiers, telling them their usual crops will be replaced by new plants which will have more tolerance against dryness, and how King Amare planned on paying the people working on the storage back with the money that had been taken away by the previous queen.