Sleeping Beauty [2.11]

Daemon stood with his master on top of a large hill, looking down at the borders. Sien gripped onto his staff tightly and took one look over the surrounding areas before swiftly turning around and walking away.

There were small troops coming around lately to search around the borders. They hadn't done anything so far but it already unhinged the other creatures.

"Shall we attack, Master?" Daemon inquired.

"Not yet. They haven't been inside the borders. If we cross the line first, they'll take it as us invading them and will retaliate back. For now, we'll keep watch over them."

Daemon didn't take his eyes off the humans still wandering around, but Sien reached up to pet the man's head to grab his attention. The raven broke his gaze away and finally turned away, following Sien silently with a heavy gaze.

If he could, Daemon would take care of those humans himself. He's been around Sien long enough to be blessed with just a small substance of magic to wield. Of course since he's just a raven, the power he had wasn't quite as strong as Sien's. But Daemon had enough knowledge on how to use it, just enough to subdue invaders and possibly silence them.

Sien could almost feel the brooding aura coming out from the man. He took a quick glance at him and said, "Don't act without my word. Be a good pet for me, will you?"

"Yes, Master," Daemon didn't hesitate to comply and quickly forced his urges down.

Sien hummed in reply and kept on walking with several thoughts in his mind. He expected for there to be troops scouring around the borders of thorns, but the dark fae didn't expect them to move this quickly. It's only been a week yet the three faes managed to get more than a hundred humans.

Sien would've like to return to the castle, but he had to stay and make sure the humans wouldn't trespass and only sent Daemon out for any information.

During the time he was gone, he learned Queen Leynna had shockingly come out of her chambers and sought out the king herself. His Majesty had been extremely dumbfounded at the sight of his ghost of a wife demanding an audience with him. The man didn't hesitate to quickly escort the woman himself and asked cautiously what she was there for. Queen Leynna's temper had only grown during the years so the man was fearful of getting on the woman's bad side.

The woman didn't say much. She only informed her husband she'll be back to overlook the castle's internal affairs. King Viktor gave her an incredulous look after that, not being able to process the fact his wife was serious on coming back to rule.

He began to ask why she was only doing this now, but he kept silent when he realized just how close it was to their child's birthday. Queen Leynna was incredibly sensitive whenever it came to the princess whom they haven't seen in years, it was the only thing that made sense to him.

Reluctantly, the man handed his wife the authority she had discarded long ago and was nervous once Queen Leynna used it as fast as she could, already ordering some of their guards and servants.

Even Prince Jasper was slightly alarmed at seeing the queen. The prince heard of how closed off she was to the world and hardly ever stepped out of her chambers. Don't even mention seeing the queen herself, she was like a shadow itself.

After Daemon's report, Sien grew disturbed over it like everyone else. He had no clue as to what the woman was planning and had the idea of asking Midas to go check on her, but it was more important for his system to look over the humans gathering around the borders instead.

Right now, Sien was busy creating a safe haven for the fae creatures deep inside of the dark forests. Further than any other creature has gone before so the others were afraid of what was going on and why the dark fae was suddenly demanding them to move. But it was only until Sien curtly explained the situation that they finally complied, obediently tucking themselves away in the safety of the dark as Sien casted large trees and overgrown bushes over them. The better the hideout, the safer they were.